Does Anyone Not Support Their Home Town?

th1stleandr0se

I don't know too much about the situation in the west but did religion come into it as with the seniors? Would Cambusland Rangers and St Anthony's draw their support from Protestant and Catholic backgrounds respectively? I notice also teams with names like Royal Albert and Victoria and Harp which suggest definite alignments.

Royal Albert were named after a boat.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ardeer has got something about them bud can't help but fall in love with them when you spend sometime there...great bunch of people...players, fans and committee.

have been there once,don't know about people,player's or committee but some o the fan's were terrible, they even shouted horrible racist abuse at there own coloured player. They were vulgar for the full 90mins. It was only a group of 5-6 so called fans but when there were only about 25 or so home fans that's a lot. It was a mid week game maybe that's why so few fans I don't know but I'm sure there are plenty o decent fans as well.

Someone from dalry goes to Kilbirnie and becomes a 'blastie ' don't get the mentally of that kind of person. Just not right imo then again it's a free world!

2 of the lads the comes with us are born and bred Kilwinning boys..took in our games and atmosphere and that was them hooked..I totally get it as some times our away games and support is a fantastic crack

Which one?

The one called Royal Albert.

Joking aside, it was a private boat, not a ship in the Royal or Merchant Navy, but was likely named by its owner Captain Johns (who owned the two coal pits whose clubs merged to form Royal Albert FC) after the sail and screw propulsion ship which took part in the Crimean War.

dscn2492.jpg

I don't know too much about the situation in the west but did religion come into it as with the seniors? Would Cambusland Rangers and St Anthony's draw their support from Protestant and Catholic backgrounds respectively? I notice also teams with names like Royal Albert and Victoria and Harp which suggest definite alignments.

not for me, my family run the Ants so its just that i was brought up with them, have a really good relationship and a wee soft spot for Cambuslang as my hometown team, but also love it when we beat them haha

So by RRG logic I shouldn't support Whitburn as I was born in Glasgow even though my mum was from there and grandad took me along. It's not always clear cut and frankly a bit of a bizarre statement.

I have family from Camelon, my grandfather old team, he took me along a lot to the games but my heart was never in it, vice verser, he lived in kirky for 30 years and went to Roy games for all that time he enjoyed it and wanted the Roy to win but it was never his real love his real passion, Camelon the area he had so many fond memories of from when he was a boy and where his roots was that special place.

I realise it's not always black and white just giving my humble opinion even if most think it's rubbish ha.

2 of the lads the comes with us are born and bred Kilwinning boys..took in our games and atmosphere and that was them hooked..I totally get it as some times our away games and support is a fantastic crack

same does with me. got lads from Dalry and Lochwinnoch among other places who love the welcome and atmosphere at the vale. they love it and the banter adds to their enjoyment. they're adopted Blasties and i have no problem with that.

Archived