Does Anyone Not Support Their Home Town?

th1stleandr0se

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livingston born and bred but now living in Bathgate. Family originally from Clydebank though and started watching The Bankies nearly 30 years ago and have followed them through good and bad ever since - have watched a load of West Lothian Junior football over the years - especially midweek games late in the season

I just don't get supporting a junior team other than the town or village your born and bred....

Can see where you are coming from but maybe worth bearing in mind that things are not so clear cut when you have lived in several different places where you were neither born or bred and it's maybe also worth bearing in mind that not all towns and villages have a junior team.

I just don't get supporting a junior team other than the town or village your born and bred. Even if i moved somewhere and lived somewhere else for years i could never support or get involved in another team. Maybe watch them as a neutral but my heart would never be in another team other than my hometown one.

Fair enough those who can but it's one team, one passion for me, anything else just wouldn't feel right.

one time only I will agree

I chose to keep supporting my formerly local team, just as you did.

I moved to Edinburgh and now Stirling, yet the only team I go to see is Bo'ness. There's just no interest for me in watching the Binos or teams that are a short distance away, even when Bo'ness were crap although I did watch Hibs and Hearts now and again when I stayed through that way, but it wasn't the same.

Aye Saughton and Corton Vale

I'm from Kilwinning but went to an Ardeer game almost by accident 6 years ago and have barely missed any since!

Ardeer has got something about them bud can't help but fall in love with them when you spend sometime there...great bunch of people...players, fans and committee.

Will always be Beith for me.

From Beith to Glasgow to Bermuda to Beith to Glasgow to Cumnock & hopefully back to Glasgow next year there hasn't even been an option in my head.

My dad was from Kirkcudbrightshire and moved to Beith late 60s for my mum & he became a Beith fan & eventually committee through family connections.

3rd generation ex committee don't think anything will change it.

Quite a lot of Kilbirnie fans from elsewhere.and Wrexham. Edinburgh. Lochwinnoch. Kilwinning. Dalry. To name but a few.. guess once you been a blastie game and get in with the fans your taken by it

Someone from dalry goes to Kilbirnie and becomes a 'blastie ' don't get the mentally of that kind of person. Just not right imo then again it's a free world!

Watched Glenafton since I was a wee boy and still do despite living overseas for a while and now I'm living in a different locality however still travel home and away and contribute financially to the team as much as I can.

Only because your uncle learned you the right way

From Irvine and still stay in Irvine and support Meadow. Didn't really go to Meadow games until I was about 19-20 even though both my parents went to odd Meadow games in 70s and 80s before I was born. Watched senior football but started going to games with my mate who went every week since he was a young kid and I got hooked.

Dundonian who supports the Winton? I really have no interest in any Dundee Junior club to be honest. Am friendly with Phil Hart at Downfield but that really is about it. I was born within spitting distance of North End but grew up close to Violet's ground.

'Mon the Wintonians !!!

Born and raised in Cambuslang, but brought up with The Ants, suppose its slightly different being born into a family that runs a club though

I don't know too much about the situation in the west but did religion come into it as with the seniors? Would Cambusland Rangers and St Anthony's draw their support from Protestant and Catholic backgrounds respectively? I notice also teams with names like Royal Albert and Victoria and Harp which suggest definite alignments.

Archived