Does Anyone Not Support Their Home Town?

th1stleandr0se

We all know that the seniors have a problem with people travelling to see teams elsewhere but does that really ever happen in the juniors? I'm from Linlithgow originally and therefore I support the Rose. It never occured to me to support anyone else when I moved to Edinburgh but I suppose there wasn't a great choice near me. If I'd moved to say Bonnyrigg would I have switched to them? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Has anyone gone through that transition and did you change team or stay with your original favourites. Also has anyone ever chosen to support a team from another town despite having a local one available.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know that the seniors have a problem with people travelling to see teams elsewhere but does that really ever happen in the juniors? I'm from Linlithgow originally and therefore I support the Rose. It never occured to me to support anyone else when I moved to Edinburgh but I suppose there wasn't a great choice near me. If I'd moved to say Bonnyrigg would I have switched to them? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Has anyone gone through that transition and did you change team or stay with your original favourites. Also has anyone ever chosen to support a team from another town despite having a local one available.

I chose to keep supporting my formerly local team, just as you did.

I moved to Edinburgh and now Stirling, yet the only team I go to see is Bo'ness. There's just no interest for me in watching the Binos or teams that are a short distance away, even when Bo'ness were crap although I did watch Hibs and Hearts now and again when I stayed through that way, but it wasn't the same.

I lived in the West End when I started supporting Maryhill, and moved to Cambuslang a few years ago, but it never crossed my mind to quit going to the Hill and start following Cambuslang Rangers, even though they're only about 800 yards down the hill from me...

I just don't get supporting a junior team other than the town or village your born and bred. Even if i moved somewhere and lived somewhere else for years i could never support or get involved in another team. Maybe watch them as a neutral but my heart would never be in another team other than my hometown one.

Fair enough those who can but it's one team, one passion for me, anything else just wouldn't feel right.

Archived