Mark Roberts Classic XI v Peterhead

Dunfermline. Callum Woods. Scottish Cup.

Hopefully that'll jog your memory. :)

Edit- beaten by 6 seconds :lol:

Oh aye, memory well jogged. Often pay close attention to those Fife hoors. :P

Anyway, the story seems to be the S.F.L. initially told Peterhead the lad was okay to play. :huh:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SFA tightened-up the Scottish Cup rules after various high-profile cases of "ineligible players". It's now a zero-tolerance situation, automatic expulsion.

Spartans were put-out a few seasons ago after beating Culter, for the offence of not having filled in a player's DofB for the second time somewhere on a registration, IIRC.

It's more difficult in a league as third parties are affected (the other teams) if you award it to the other club; e.g. what if Ayr won promotion or avoided relegation by 1pt, having been awarded this match 3-0? I don't think league games often are awarded, it's usually a fine or play it again,

Dunfermline. Callum Woods. Scottish Cup.

Hopefully that'll jog your memory. :)

Edit- beaten by 6 seconds :lol:

Ok i'll bite

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/9371741.stm

East Stirlingshire expelled from Scottish Cup

Last year, Dunfermline Athletic were expelled for fielding a suspended player but were reinstated after an appeal and granted a replay.

This prompted the SFA to tighten the competition rules in May, meaning any team fielding an ineligible player will automatically be ejected.

I love how i was also beaten to this by 6 seconds :lol:

Guest The Phoenix

Anyway, the story seems to be the S.F.L. initially told Peterhead the lad was okay to play. :huh:

I know Peterhead's at the back of beyond but I suspect even they've caught on to the SFL's demise.

In any event the SFA administer suspensions not the SPFL.

It's more difficult in a league as third parties are affected (the other teams) if you award it to the other club; e.g. what if Ayr won promotion or avoided relegation by 1pt, having been awarded this match 3-0? I don't think league games often are awarded, it's usually a fine or play it again,

Third parties are involved in the cup tbh

e.g. East Stirlingshire play Aberdeen , Aberdeen win but have fielded a player who was banned, they get kicked out. Shire go through for an easy tie for someone who may have lost to Aberdeen.

This changes the outlook of the cup so third parties are involved IMO

I know Peterhead's at the back of beyond but I suspect even they've caught on to the SFL's demise. In any event the SFA administer suspensions not the SPFL.

Troon fans dont care about changes to the league set up ;)

Aye I don't get how the clubs and officials don't know but fans do. I recall there being fans on a couple of sites flagging up that the Peterhead lad couldn't play

The Judicial Panel and Process: Principle 1 – Economic and expeditious justice. The objective of the Protocol is to secure the Determination of disciplinary proceedings arising in respect of Association Football and that decisions are made economically and expeditiously in a fair manner. Tribunals appointed from the Judicial Panel may impose reasonable procedural requirements on Parties to ensure that matters are dealt with economically and expeditiously.

WTF is economical about a £10,000 fine on Peterhead? In terms of attendances it's like fining Aberdeen £250,000 or Celtic £1,000,000. Crazy.

The Judicial Panel and Process: Principle 1 – Economic and expeditious justice. The objective of the Protocol is to secure the Determination of disciplinary proceedings arising in respect of Association Football and that decisions are made economically and expeditiously in a fair manner. Tribunals appointed from the Judicial Panel may impose reasonable procedural requirements on Parties to ensure that matters are dealt with economically and expeditiously.

WTF is economical about a £10,000 fine on Peterhead? In terms of attendances it's like fining Aberdeen £250,000 or Celtic £1,000,000. Crazy.

The sfa xmas party has to be paid

The sfa xmas party has to be paid

The SPFL imposed the fine, not the SFA. The SPFL regulation broken reads:

21. If a Player Plays, whilst subject to suspension by the SFA and/or the League from participating or being named as a substitute in an Official Match, the Club and the Player concerned shall be in breach of the Rules and these Regulations.

Suspension list: http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2014/15/PlayerSuspensions/LOS17%20(13%20Nov)CW.pdf

Anyone got any examples for when this has happened in league games before? Plenty of examples for the scottish cup which have been discussed before but i don't remember a case for a league game.

Only relevant things i can think of are livi's and hamilton's games they didn't turn up for. I know nothing happened in livi's case but what happened to the game accies missed? (other than the -15 points)

I think the decision seems reasonable here, depending on how much of the fine is suspended , possible a small (1 or 2) points deduction would have been reasonable on top of whats been asked.

In 1996 there was a game when Falkirk fielded John Clark against Dunfermline, but he was ineligible for signing reasons (not suspended). It was ordered replayed and Falkirk were fined £25,000 and possibly 3pts, as well!!

I'd speculate most cases have been regarded as technical breaches resulting in fines / points deductions.

e.g. http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/98239-replayed-league-games/

e.g. http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/98280-largest-fine-for-fielding-an-ineligible-player/

I really don't get how stuff like this still happens in 2014. Surely the referee has a list of contracted players who are not eligible to play that particular match and spends a minute checking the team sheets to make sure this cannot occur.

No, he doesn't. The referee is given the team sheets by the club. It is down to the club, not the referee, to ensure all those on the team sheet are eligible to play.

In 1996 there was a game when Falkirk fielded John Clark against Dunfermline, but he was ineligible for signing reasons (not suspended). It was ordered replayed and Falkirk were fined £25,000 and possibly 3pts, as well!!

I'd speculate most cases have been regarded as technical breaches resulting in fines / points deductions.

e.g. http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/98239-replayed-league-games/

e.g. http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/98280-largest-fine-for-fielding-an-ineligible-player/

Apologies for the ignorance (I've been out tonight and only read the statement on Ayr's website).

Has this case been shown to be a wilfull breach of the rules, hence the replay order?

No, he doesn't. The referee is given the team sheets by the club. It is down to the club, not the referee, to ensure all those on the team sheet are eligible to play.

I know just seems like a really straight forward thing they should do also. Perhaps put emphasis on clubs to get it right else they have to use one of their subs to replace the guy before game starts and so can only use 2 etc but refs can easily check the lists like they check studs.

So i presume SFA/SPFL have admitted they fucked up obviously surely a 3-0 Ayr win should be the outcome

Why should Ayr be awarded a 3-0 win if you presume it was the SFA/SPFL who fucked up?

Suspension list: http://www.scottishf... (13 Nov)CW.pdf

From the list it looks like Reece Donaldson is the only player whose suspension is not specified as beginning immediately or from a specific date.

The list states - 1 SPFL First Team Match.

No mention of Immediate or From as with all other players apart from those listed as Formerly.

Reece sat out the game against Dunfermline under the impression that this was the 1 SPFL First Team Match he was suspended from.

Seems to me like Peterhead have been hard done by.

Archived