Your best (and your worst!) player this season

Best: Peter Murphy. Played most games with his arm hanging off and would still stroll the Championship.

Worst: Scott McLaughlin. Must be the weakest Ayr captain I've seen. Trots around watching the game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No mention for Lee Hamilton at Stirling Albion yet? one of the worst individual performances i have ever seen. Hard to imagine after seeing it that he is alright otherwise.

Hamilton is horrible just felt bad about putting him in as he is 19

I'll take all them (although feel you might be slightly harsh on C.Smith) and raise you Lewis Coult. The guy's been hopeless all season and I've yet to see him have a good game.

for me since the mistake he made against the only good game he had was against hurlford away coult hasn't been that bad IMO Doris has started to play so that is good

No mention for Lee Hamilton at Stirling Albion yet? one of the worst individual performances i have ever seen. Hard to imagine after seeing it that he is alright otherwise.

Going forward he can be decent but defensively he's been awful, think that Ayr game has made him completely lose confidence in his defensive abilities. Shame really

Best : I'll go with Jamie Stevenson. A bit of class and always professional. Been asked to play a few different positions and just gets on with it. Doesn't get involved in any of the silly stuff either.

Worst : A bit of a surprise but I'll say Mark Millar who came to us with the reputation of a class player who could most likely play at the highest level. Has been carrying an injury but even on the few occasions he's played has done nothing to show he's worth even a run in the team. Major disappointment so far.

Best : I'll go with Jamie Stevenson. A bit of class and always professional. Been asked to play a few different positions and just gets on with it. Doesn't get involved in any of the silly stuff either.

Worst : A bit of a surprise but I'll say Mark Millar who came to us with the reputation of a class player who could most likely play at the highest level. Has been carrying an injury but even on the few occasions he's played has done nothing to show he's worth even a run in the team. Major disappointment so far.

Agreed.

Mark Millar is our new Scott McLaughlin.

Be interesting to see how they get on when facing each other tomorrow.

Agreed.

Mark Millar is our new Scott McLaughlin.

Be interesting to see how they get on when facing each other tomorrow.

To be honest I thought Mark Millar but thought it would be harsh to say with his injuries, but he has a lot to do to convince me.

Best: Scott Fraser. By far our best player and exactly what we've been needing in the midfield. Always looking for the ball, passes and moves,good vision and chips in with goals too. Absolutely vital that we keep him until the end of the season or else we're in trouble.

Honourable mention for Keigan Parker too.

Worst: Think we've been awful as a collective rather than individually. Birnstingl was an omnishambles for his more than half a game but hasn't played enough to call him the worst player. McNeil chucked in a few during his first few games but has got better since we've had a more settled defence.

I'll go for Joe Hammill. A player of his experience being sent on loan to the juniors is an indication that he's more than hopeless.

Best: McManus, livewire striker, enough pace and at least some weeks, the workrate to go with it to push opposition defences yards deeper and free up space for array of tippy-tappy sand-dancing midfielders to play in. Keeping him beyond the end of his loan deal in January is a must.

Worst: Would have gone for Lamie on the basis of the first few months but he;s not been a complete abortion recently. Would therefore go for Stefan McCluskey: a player who is hopelessly out of his depth at this level, and offers absolutely f**k-all menace to an opposition side.

^^

Agree with that

Best: I'd give Conor Pepper a shout. Been one of our most consistent players, and has had a couple of big games when needed. Full of running and fight, although maybe a couple too many bookings...

Worst: Michael Miller. I know he's young, but I'm struggling to think of a single productive thing he's done for the team.

Best: I'd give Conor Pepper a shout. Been one of our most consistent players, and has had a couple of big games when needed. Full of running and fight, although maybe a couple too many bookings...

Worst: Michael Miller. I know he's young, but I'm struggling to think of a single productive thing he's done for the team.

Michael Miller has been injured most of the season and is being played out of position, give him a chance. There are much worse players in the team than him.

Michael Miller has been injured most of the season and is being played out of position, give him a chance. There are much worse players in the team than him.

He's been involved in 10 games so far this season. I know he's being played out of position, but he is still playing there and has been - IMO - our worst performer so far this season. Not writing the boy off, as I said, he's young and will hopefully improve.

He's been involved in 10 games so far this season. I know he's being played out of position, but he is still playing there and has been - IMO - our worst performer so far this season. Not writing the boy off, as I said, he's young and will hopefully improve.

He's not been in the first team since the start of September which was our cup game against Alloa. So I don't know where you're getting that number from. How you can say he's the worst player in the squad is bizarre. There are several obvious players in the squad you could have picked but you went for the one that hasn't made an appearance in 2 and a half months :lol:

He's not been in the first team since the start of September which was our cup game against Alloa. So I don't know where you're getting that number from. How you can say he's the worst player in the squad is bizarre. There are several obvious players in the squad you could have picked but you went for the one that hasn't made an appearance in 2 and a half months :lol:

Okay you're right, it's actually 8 he's played in - my bad:

HOME
Spartans
Alloa
Partick Thistle
Berwick Rangers
Stranraer
AWAY
Airdrie (sub)
Peterhead
Ayr United

In not a single one of those appearances has he done anything to impress me. The same could be said of other players, obviously, but just because he hasn't played in 2 and half months doesn't mean he can't be considered (again, IMO) the worst player at the club. Remember, the obvious option isn't always the right one...

Archived