Alloa

Partick Thistle

Berwick Rangers

Stranraer

AWAY

Airdrie (sub)

Peterhead

Ayr United

In not a single one of those appearances has he done anything to impress me. The same could be said of other players, obviously, but just because he hasn't played in 2 and half months doesn't mean he can't be considered (again, IMO) the worst player at the club. Remember, the obvious option isn't always the right one...

Fair enough, I just don't see how you can say someone is our worst player that has only played 8 times out of 20 games wee played so far this season and he's also being played out of position. I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it. He came on for the last 10 minutes at the weekend so hopefully he's recovered from injury and he can get his match sharpness back and try and get Into the team again. As you said hopefully he can improve as well because he is still a young lad.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough, I just don't see how you can say someone is our worst player that has only played 8 times out of 20 games wee played so far this season and he's also being played out of position. I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it. He came on for the last 10 minutes at the weekend so hopefully he's recovered from injury and he can get his match sharpness back and try and get I to the team again. As you said hopefully he can improve as well because he is still a young lad.

Because he's done less in his 8 appearances than Scullion has in 2(ish?), or than Mark Russell has in 7 (for example). He doesn't offer anything going forward and hasn't looked anywhere near good enough defensively. Not his natural position - fair enough. But Duffy wants to play him at CM, and he's just not been good enough.

BEST: McManus, no doubt about it, best player in the league, honourable mention to Pepper though, cracking wee player.

WORST: F**k knows, Lamie's in with a shout but he's not been too bad the last few games so I'll let him off, probably Stef McCluskey or Crighton, both try hard but just don't have the ability to play football.

when you's played against us he was the best player I had ever seen at this level he can't be your worst unless he has turned absolutely horrible

I would just ignore it tbf , Forrest is a fine wee gem of a player having a tough second season.

Lamie's prone to error, usually to do with mistimed challenges. Otherwise he's been decent defensively but offers very little going forward. Typical failed centre half trying to be a left back.

McCluskey's been the worst this season though, really struggling at this level. Hands not far behind - huge disappointment since the start of last season.

Best has been McManus. Pepper's catching up though.

Guest honestrae95

Best- Murphy, who is far too good for this level.

Worst- Dale Shirkie is absolutely woeful, offers nothing and is a complete diddy. Scott McLaughlin's getting a lot of stick, which I think is a unfair. He is by no means the best footballer in our team but I think he's a decent captain and is versatile. Arguably he's better as a centre half than a midfielder. You also have to remember that he is our top scorer and has singlehandedly won the Forfar (H) game, the Morton (A) game and perhaps the Brechin (A) game. Not bad for our worst player.

Archived