Airdrieonians vs Greenock Morton

Pleased for you that you've such a massive stauner at beating us.

If you check my post, you'll see I predicted 0-1 if we didn't have our first choice back four in place.

Erm, yes - it is rather pleasing to earn a hard-fought away win; you're hardly a big deal though.

Mounds and mounds of fail being dug here by the deluded Alex Totten figure.

"A country mile ahead" in possession. :lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, yes - it is rather pleasing to earn a hard-fought away win; you're hardly a big deal though.

Mounds and mounds of fail being dug here by the deluded Alex Totten figure.

"A country mile ahead" in possession. :lol:

If we're not a big deal, why are you so delighted with a scrappy 1-0 against a poor P/T outfit?

Morton won't win the league. A baw hair ahead of one of the worst Airdrie sides I've seen.

If we're not a big deal, why are you so delighted with a scrappy 1-0 against a poor P/T outfit?

Morton won't win the league. A baw hair ahead of one of the worst Airdrie sides I've seen.

A: Because we're top of the league and you're clearly, absolutely seething about yet another defeat to a superior side.

GIRUY.

The same "worst Airdrie side I've seen" btw, which Pesadilla confidently expected to coast the game if they played with that big donkey at the back who featured today, with a 4-4-2, before the match. The same setup which lost the first league game in a similar manner.

You didn't. Because we're significantly better than you. And top of the league as well.

Gutter.

The same "worst Airdrie side I've seen" btw, which Pesadilla confidently expected to coast the game if they played with that big donkey at the back who featured today, with a 4-4-2, before the match. The same setup which lost the first league game in a similar manner.

You didn't. Because we're significantly better than you. And top of the league as well.

Gutter.

Beeling, aren't you?

It's "one of the worst Airdrie side's I've seen" which is evidenced by out league position.

No idea why you're so angry.

If we have our first choice defence back, than I'm confident we'll win this. Morton were dreadful in the first Scottish cup game and we were poor last night mainly due to playing a 3-5-2, a formation for which we don't have the players.

Revert back to the normal formation and my prediction is 3-1. Fanny about like last night, 0-1.

...reverted to 4-4-2 today with most of your "first choice defence" playing; still beaten.

output_TdJ8Cb_zpswmbatika.gif

I wasn't at the first league match so can't pass comment, however, I was at the Cappielow cup game where I thought we were dominant with the "Italy-esque" back four having not a lot to deal with.

The midweek cup game, as I've said, we played to a shape our players aren't used to and haven't the talent for.

I've been at the last 5 league games where we've played to a settled shape and looked better than we did earlier in the season. A big part of that has been a settled back four and the lad from Utd in the middle.

It's all quite straight forward and I don't see why you're getting so irked that I've confidence we can win this game.

Confidence misplaced; because your side is actually fucking gash competing against a significantly better Morton side. Six points from six in the league, comfortable progression in the cup, a single goal conceded in four matches. Gutter.

output_TdJ8Cb_zpswmbatika.gif

You funny.

Not nearly as funny as Airdrie's season being pretty much pulped over the course of four days by our visits; I'm sure the fans will be rolling up to see your bitter 6th/7th place dogfight between now and May!

1] That was an absolutely delightful afternoon out.

2] Sporting entertainment at it's very best.

3] Worth every penny shelled out.

4] Riveting, couldn't move in case I missed something.

5] I will never be back whilst the current regime is in place.

Which of the above statements do you think is correct caller? Because the question is so hard to fathom, I've provided a clue in that the answer is underlined and in bold.

5] I will never be back whilst the current regime is in place.

It's went far past unacceptable now and as fans we are being shat on from a great height. Every season we take a giant leap backwards.

As VikingTon correctly says our season has been buried in the past few weeks (although not all because of Morton as he'd like). We haven't picked up enough points in the league in the past 5 weeks in particular. The loss to Forfar when we had a golden chance at 1-1 to win it late on stands out as our biggest indication of where we are heading this season. Drawing a full time team in the Scottish cup was always a better draw for Morton than us and we failed to take advantage of an extra man when the game was crying out for a change at Cappielow and now the most exciting prospect of this season is to pay £16 to watch us fight for around 7th. We are now an irrelevant diddy club. Who's to blame for continued failure ....

It was a poor game but we deserved to win, just. I felt we were far too narrow and also missed Scullion which meant we struggled to create, but luckily Airdrie's defence is laughable so even with every attacking player not being their best we were still able to win. Immensely pleasing to see Fitzpatrick done for the goal, and Richards-Everton is probably the worst defender I've seen this season. Truly horrific.

What in the name of the f**k was that referee all about?

It's went far past unacceptable now and as fans we are being shat on from a great height. Every season we take a giant leap backwards.

As VikingTon correctly says our season has been buried in the past few weeks (although not all because of Morton as he'd like). We haven't picked up enough points in the league in the past 5 weeks in particular.

That's been our best period of form this season by a mile! Beat Brechin and Stenny at home with ease and drew away with Peterhead and Stirling. Should be looking to beat Stirling but the rest are decent results. The Forfar result before that was disappointing, but they were top of the league and as you say we should have won it.

We aren't good, but we are getting better (which just shows how shite we were beforehand), once we've played everyone home and away I think we can assess it properly. I think your general point is the direction of the club long term looks bad, and I totally agree we are only heading one way unless there are major changes. However that major change involves money, and lots of it, which we don't have

Archived