Hibernian supporters to launch a takeover bid

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like others I'm nervous about the idea of the fans at large buying and running the club. And even more nervous about the idea of the fans at large buying it and the Paul Kane collective running it.

And that's assuming the idea could ever work. Ok Hearts did it but they were in admin with a friendly receiver looking for a buyer; facing liquidation - which energised the thoughts and loosened the purse-strings of the fans; have got down to no notable debt as a result; and still needed Mrs Budge's millions.

And the club, completed stadium and training centre must have a substantial inherent value, too.

Fan ownership only works short term . Just look at Motherwell having to off load their best players every season . And struggling to survive every year

Fans club ownership never works long term !!!

I can't think of any successful fan owned clubs......

I wouldn't go as far as those saying fan ownership can't work. Of course it can. Perhaps not if you're some club that literally can't survive without a benefactor putting money in constantly but that doesn't apply to Hibs at all, Farmer isn't putting cash in.

As long as the club itself remains sustainable, there'd be nothing wrong with supporters owning it (although there's big question marks about how they'd get control of the club).

I'm just not really sure what the point of being £20/£30/£50 lighter each month would be, to effectively have the club equally well off. They complain about Farmer not investing but the DD scheme would just be going to him, or whoever's fronted the buyout, surely? Where's the investment there?

I wouldn't go as far as those saying fan ownership can't work. Of course it can. Perhaps not if you're some club that literally can't survive without a benefactor putting money in constantly but that doesn't apply to Hibs at all, Farmer isn't putting cash in.

As long as the club itself remains sustainable, there'd be nothing wrong with supporters owning it (although there's big question marks about how they'd get control of the club).

I'm just not really sure what the point of being £20/£30/£50 lighter each month would be, to effectively have the club equally well off. They complain about Farmer not investing but the DD scheme would just be going to him, or whoever's fronted the buyout, surely? Where's the investment there?

Did dempster not mention something about farmer putting cash in now and again?

thing is hibs is not sustainable in it's current form. You owe millions and are losing hundreds of thousands (millions?) each year except when you had a purple patch of sale-able assets which you no longer have. Your crowds are dropping and, if you don't get promotion this year, will plummet next season IMO.

Archived