Scott Booth's unsuccessful new age stenny vs old school Jim Jeffer

Team struggling under an inexperienced manager with a poor run of form, in need of 3 points to lighten up their season even at an early stage?

Time for another Pars defeat, methinks.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkingham is back but lacking match practise so will only make the bench at most. Martin is away with Scotland U19s on Friday (they play Holland U19s at The Falkirk Stadium/ but there is no mention on COWS of him missing out on Saturday so I'm guessing he'll be available for selection. Ryan Wallace has returned to training but is 2/3 weeks away from joining in with the first team. Everyone else is fit going by JJ's update.

Personally, I'd go:

Scully

Millen

Buchanan

Urquhart

Whittle

Spence

Geggan

Faissal

Byrne

Forbes

Moffat

Subs:

Goodfellow

Williamson

Martin (if unavailable, put Finn Graham on to the bench)

Stirling

Thomson

Smith

Ugwu

2-0 Pars, Moffat and Faissal.

COYP!! :):D

I hadn't realised it was a new surface at Stenny? I thought the infill stuff must've just been blasted away over time.

JJ says: We are looking forward to it, we know that it will be a tough game but as I have said before we have to contend with everybody wanting to beat Dunfermline because of the size of the club we are. We know that we shouldn't be there in the first place, it is a big game for them when Dunfermline come to town and they raise their game. That is just a fact of life.

Hmm - I think we're pretty deserving of our current place in the league setup. Relegated at the death to League One then hammered at home by Cowden to be kept in League One.

The Moff surely due a goal or two on Saturday.

Falkingham is back but lacking match practise so will only make the bench at most. Martin is away with Scotland U19s on Friday (they play Holland U19s at The Falkirk Stadium/ but there is no mention on COWS of him missing out on Saturday so I'm guessing he'll be available for selection.

On COWS it says Lewis Martin will be missing on international duty with Scotland under 19s

Your Faissal/ Moffat to score probably not a bad predicition. Faissal scores in every game and even by the law of averages something must be due to sclaff off Moffat into the net.

Haven't seen much of him. He's mainly come on as a sub in the second half, I haven't actually seen him playing a Pars game myself but I've yet to hear a dazzling report about him for the first team which is understandable as he hasn't had much game time. At first, I thought his lack of first team action was because he had just returned from injury but now I'm assuming that JJ - for whatever reason - just doesn't feel like sticking him in the starting lineup.

Either injured or shit.

They haven't used him properly at all imo, stuck him on the wing and pinged balls up to him on the half way line with his back turned to the opposition goal and a man marking him. There's no way anyone can do much with that sort of service.

Stirling tries to much and ends up losing possession or it goes out for a goal kick. If he was used properly and didn't try and beat everybody I'm sure he could be decent for us but, just now, we aren't seeing it.

A heavy defeat for us and Booth has to go and a defeat of any nature for the Pars and Jefferies will be away.

Probably a draw then to keep these two jokers in their posts for another week.

Nah Jefferies will never be sacked unless we really drop down a few places. Basically it will have to take something pretty dramatic to see him punted

On COWS it says Lewis Martin will be missing on international duty with Scotland under 19s

Your Faissal/ Moffat to score probably not a bad predicition. Faissal scores in every game and even by the law of averages something must be due to sclaff off Moffat into the net.

Ah, must've missed that bit. Definitely have Finn Graham on the bench then as he gives us cover at full back if Millen was to go to CB.

How has Andy Stirling been?

I like him as a player and was delighted to sign him in the summer. He's had a tough start to the campaign with injuries and hasn't been able to force his way into the side. The one match he did start for us, unfortunately, he wasn't on his game and was deservedly dropped the following week. He'll force his way back in at some point though and he'll have a big part to play in the remaining games imo.

Archived