Peasie

sc2981

In reply to the original post. 1 point from 9 against the 3 best teams in the league in consecutive games. That's a very tough run and one that no other team will have during the season I wouldn't imagine. Before that we had 12 out of 12 after an undeserved first day defeat against Shotts. Yesterday's team selection did surprise me I thought Sally, Girvan and Finnigan would've started as I thought all three played well against Meadow. Although young Daw played a good part last week and has shown good desire when he has played any time this season. The management team must think McGladrigan offers something different in certain games with his runs in behind, but it didn't come off yesterday. Again Jason Elliott has been excellent this season and was unlucky not to start against Meadow so his place in the team could be justified yesterday and at right back Danny Irvine came in when Girvan was on holiday and has played very well, although didn't have a very good game yesterday. I sound as if I'm making excuses here for the management, I'm not.Just trying to look at it from a different view. Having only beaten Cumnock and Glenafton with late goals, I would much rather that than losing them with late goals and in the Glenafton game especially we could've been out of sight by half time if we had taken our chances but that's been the story of our season just like the other 2 games you mention against Bellshill and Thorniewood, anybody who saw those games wouldn't disagree we missed enough chances to win both comfortably. The Talbot game is the first time we have been outplayed this season and admittedly the score flattered us especially after the first half. But the good thing about disagreeing with team selection is we have a stronger squad this season compared to last and are in a much better position. It took us until Christmas to get 13 points, so hopefully next week we get back to winning ways and keep ourselves up towards the top end of the league.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rob Roy , I can assure you that I am not the alter ego of Sc 2891 nor am I related , but a they say people are entitled to their opinion ,and in mine Petershill put out the wrong team yesterday and by not subbing McNeil when he was clearly struggling with injury could have been on the end of a cricket score . Player of the year Chisholm sitting o

That was quick :rolleyes: .

I have been on this for a few years now , and this has all the classic signs of a player , or someone close to a player looking to stir it. 90 per cent of the people reading this will agree, its not rocket science.

Do you know the exact details of certain players not playing ? maybe bad attitude , or not turning up for training or carry a knock . Whatever petershill management team are doing they are doing fairly well , ok they lost to a in form hermes but you get those kind of results in the junior cup.

Hi Rob Roy , I can assure you that I am not the alter ego of Sc 2891 nor am I related , but a they say people are entitled to their opinion ,and in mine Petershill put out the wrong team yesterday and by not subbing McNeil when he was clearly struggling with injury could have been on the end of a cricket score . Player of the year Chisholm sitting o

McNeil couldn't come off yesterday, we didn't have another keeper on the bench. I thought we defended better after he got injured, players were throwing themselves into tackles to try and protect him.

Don't you think it would have wiser to perhaps put an out field player in goal even , don't know what McNeills injury was but to prevent worsening it I think it would have been wiser to have taken him off ! No reserve goalie ??? Pity blackie got sent to the stand !!

You know the old saying RobRoyGuy !! "He who stirs the shit should be made to lick the spoon !!! "

Am no licking any spoon you have touched pete , dunno where you have been :rolleyes:

brian,,,its a junior forum,,,,,it disny ,matter if its a player or a players da,,,that comments,,,,people are entitled to there opinion,,,,,,me personally ,,think wullie has done a very good job so far,,,,,

Of course they are ! thats all good , you just wish some people would be more open and honest about who they are , dont need to give their name or anything . Silly to hide behind a user name when its obvious.

Well done Sherlock !! So is am either Girvan's Da , Sally,s Uncle , Finnegan,s Brother or Chisholms PE teacher !!! Well done ,four suspects ! Oh and dual personality !

Something like that , i got a sixth sense my man , don't f**k with my sixth sense !!

A wee bit unfair and insulting of the OP to describe Hermes as " a pub team from Aberdeen". C'mon the North Juniors!

Must be some cracking ' pub teams ' up in aberdeen

Agree, given I was at the match I think it I agree with your comments. A change was needed early in first half. Even before our first goal it was visible your formation/team was under pressure. As for not subbing goalie, I genuinely felt for the guy. He was clearly in a state of discomfort and know one really showing him any attention. Credit to him he pulled of a few good saves in an injured condition. Can't blame the guy for pulling a muscle, he was diving about the whole game. In my opinion keeping yous in the game in first half. As for your management team. Having 2 of them sent to stand isn't good.

Archived