Peasie

sc2981

Another defeat for the Peasie yesterday so only 1 point from the last 9 which is worrying.

Big questions need to be asked of the management team given yesterday's team selection. How they can leave Girvan (one of the best right backs in the league and a better midfielder than 2 if not 3 of the boys that started in midfield yesterday) Chisholm (player of the year last year and best centre back they have got) Finnigan (one of the Peasies best players this season since moving into a more central role) and Sally (top goalscorer this season) on the bench for a trip to Auchinleck is astounding. I'm pretty sure these boys will not be happy and would expect the manager to be receiving a chap at his door at training this week.

I know they've had a good start to the league season but if you look at the games they have won it's only been by the one goal and needed a last minute wonder strike against Glenafton and a last minute penalty against a 10 man Cumnock. On top of that defeats against Belshill and Thorniewood in the league cup and put out the Scottish by a pub team from Aberdeen.

Hopefully yesterday's defeat which could have been a lot worse acts as a wake up call for the management team.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with you sc2981 , this selection was beyond belief . It is fairly obvious that Mr Kelly has his own agenda . This selection was screaming out for a change as soon as Talbot scored their 2nd goal . Leaving it till 3-0 then making the changes was stable door stuff . It was also astounding that he never subbed the goalkeeper , considering that he could barely stand up , let alone move for the last 20odd minutes of the game .

You are correct , this team have scrapped through on far too many occasions this season and if not for some very good fortune ,not skill , would be languishing nearer the bottom of the league .

Totally agree with you sc2981 , this selection was beyond belief . It is fairly obvious that Mr Kelly has his own agenda . This selection was screaming out for a change as soon as meadow scored their 2nd goal . Leaving it till 3-0 then making the changes was stable door stuff . It was also astounding that he never subbed the goalkeeper , considering that he could barely stand up , let alone move for the last 20odd minutes of the game .

You are correct , this team have scrapped through on far too many occasions this season and if not for some very good fortune ,not skill , would be languishing nearer the bottom of the league .

Peasy weren't playing Meadow yesterday ?

Sorry , typo error !! Talbot . You Ayrshire teams all look the same to me now !!

He isn't from ayrshire oh dear not going well this is it.

Bizarre thread

At no point has anyone mentioned sacking the manager so not quite sure where larky55 got this from.

With regards to Willie Patterson being the manager that is what I thought but if you look on Petershill website it states both him and Paul Kelly are co-managers.

Like I said Petershill have made a good start to the league and were never going to contest for the league title as I think they are a 2/3 players short but when you come up against the big teams you need to play your strongest XI but yet yesterday they had 4 subs who would be in my starting XI and I'm sure most Peasie fans would agree with this.

Maybe I haven't got a clue like yellow card says lol.

Thought Peasy would have given us more of a game yesterday than they did, but that's fitba.

We thought we'd have given Edinburgh City more of a game but didn't get a look in. Swings and roundabouts, and shit happens.

Larky55 think you have just misunderstood my initial post.

I think a mid table finish for Petershill this season would be a good season and if they could get most of the current squad signed for next season and add a few good players I reckon they could compete at the top end of the table and have a couple of good cup runs.

I'm not sure what team the people have posted follow but I follow Peasie and with a name like pete hill reckon he follows them as well. From our comments you can see we are disappointed in the team selection for yesterday's game and to an extent last weeks as well given Finnegan was dropped. I'm sure any other Peasie fan will feel the same. Everyone has an opinion but people who have not been to the Petershill games this year won't know what myself and pete hill are saying. I'm not saying that if they played the team I would have played yesterday that they would have one but you've got to give yourself the best chance possible.

Cheers.

Larky55 think you have just misunderstood my initial post.

I think a mid table finish for Petershill this season would be a good season and if they could get most of the current squad signed for next season and add a few good players I reckon they could compete at the top end of the table and have a couple of good cup runs.

I'm not sure what team the people have posted follow but I follow Peasie and with a name like pete hill reckon he follows them as well. From our comments you can see we are disappointed in the team selection for yesterday's game and to an extent last weeks as well given Finnegan was dropped. I'm sure any other Peasie fan will feel the same. Everyone has an opinion but people who have not been to the Petershill games this year won't know what myself and pete hill are saying. I'm not saying that if they played the team I would have played yesterday that they would have one but you've got to give yourself the best chance possible.

Cheers.

So you and Pete hill are either the same person or friends OR are you said players old man or a relative unhappy at how your lad is being treated hmmmm .

It's fairly self explanatory on here who most of us support on here btw.

Lol that's right me and pete hill are the same person or friends. I guess it never crossed your mind that 2 people who follow the same team have the same opinion. I have no idea who pete hill is and you are a Rob Roy fan so you have no idea what we are talking about.

Lol that's right me and pete hill are the same person or friends. I guess it never crossed your mind that 2 people who follow the same team have the same opinion. I have no idea who pete hill is and you are a Rob Roy fan so you have no idea what we are talking about.

Just putting it out there , others can make their own mind up :rolleyes: .

How has the lad finnegan been playing this season btw ?

Just putting it out there , others can make their own mind up :rolleyes: .

How has the lad finnegan been playing this season btw ?

He's been playing in a centre midfield role supporting the lone striker and been playing well in my opinion. The boys got loads of pace, not scared to get stuck in, good in the air for his height and has an eye for goal. He was dropped against Irvine Meadow and was on the bench again yesterday for some reason. Like I said you need to have been watching Petershill this season and know the players that were on the bench yesterday to understand our frustration.

He's been playing in a centre midfield role supporting the lone striker and been playing well in my opinion. The boys got loads of pace, not scared to get stuck in, good in the air for his height and has an eye for goal. He was dropped against Irvine Meadow and was on the bench again yesterday for some reason. Like I said you need to have been watching Petershill this season and know the players that were on the bench yesterday to understand our frustration.

Had a feeling you would say that :rolleyes: .

Hi Rob Roy , I can assure you that I am not the alter ego of Sc 2891 nor am I related , but a they say people are entitled to their opinion ,and in mine Petershill put out the wrong team yesterday and by not subbing McNeil when he was clearly struggling with injury could have been on the end of a cricket score . Player of the year Chisholm sitting on the bench ??

Archived