UKIP

Im_Rodger

24 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Aye of course we should examine the words written on a bit of paper and completely ignore all the context surrounding it. Fucking hell.

Don't know if that's aimed at me but if it is then I assume you just ignored the bit where I said about highlighting the rationale.

This was discussed on Daily Politics today and the opinion seemed to be FGM is still treated by the police the way domestic violence used to be.
The laws are in place,they just need to be enforced. What we don't need is a nasty bunch of British supremacists basing a whole election campaign on 'Islamism'

Don't know if that's aimed at me but if it is then I assume you just ignored the bit where I said about highlighting the rationale.

More oaksoft but at the same time I don't think anyone on here is downplaying the issue. More that anyone who thinks UKIP have the interests of young women of colour at heart here is at the very kindest a fucking imbecile.

1 minute ago, mjw said:

This was discussed on Daily Politics today and the opinion seemed to be FGM is still treated by the police the way domestic violence used to be.
The laws are in place,they just need to be enforced. What we don't need is a nasty bunch of British supremacists basing a whole election campaign on 'Islamism'

What we also don't need is folk ignoring wholly unacceptable practices for fear of being accused of Islamaphobia.

, the idea that being molested by people of a different race is somehow worse than being nonced up by someone of your own,

If you get you get leathered by a gang because you're black or a homosexual is that worse than getting leathered by a gang because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Aggravated factors have been common place in U.K. Law for years.

Why do you think the police are apprehensive about dealing with it?

What we also don't need is folk ignoring wholly unacceptable practices for fear of being accused of Islamaphobia.

Having laws in place isn't ignoring it though. The unfortunate part is that if someone is convicted then the mutilation will already have taken place.

If you get you get leathered by a gang because you're black or a homosexual is that worse than getting leathered by a gang because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Aggravated factors have been common place in U.K. Law for years.

That isn't what the document says - it says that the aggravating factors is that the perpetrators are a different race. The equivalent of what you are saying is that if a gang of men sexually abused children BECAUSE of their race or religion then it would be an aggravating offence. UKIPs document says that any abuse from a different group should be considered aggravated.

Wait a second here.  Are there folk trying to downplay the importance of FGM on here?  Are there also folk arguing that it's somehow racist to identify an ethnic group where such practices go on?
Show me evidence that Scottish girls are a group vulnerable to this vile practice and I will happily support legislation trying to defend that group.
My all means attack UKIP policies, and by all means highlight the rationale behind their policies,  but cut out the pish espoused in the name of misdirected political correctness.

I don't think it's misguided political correctness to say that vagina inspections for all girls from certain ethnic backgrounds is a bad policy and is unlikely to have a significant impact on incidence of FGM.

We've seen in the past that intrusive inspections of children can be unreliable, lead to false accusations and be traumatic for the children involved.

Wait a second here.  Are there folk trying to downplay the importance of FGM on here?  Are there also folk arguing that it's somehow racist to identify an ethnic group where such practices go on?
Show me evidence that Scottish girls are a group vulnerable to this vile practice and I will happily support legislation trying to defend that group.
My all means attack UKIP policies, and by all means highlight the rationale behind their policies,  but cut out the pish espoused in the name of misdirected political correctness.

Who has posted that? All I'm seeing here is the ridiculing of a bunch of far right wankers for a manifesto almost too ridiculous to be genuine.

• 4 weeks later...

That can't in any way be serious. 

Although I absolutely hope it is. Mining on Saturn and Jupiter's moons (for water), nano-probe fleets, making up words (diasporanet), flying vans and cars, legislation to make electric cars noisy, interstellar colony ships (clearly he hasn't seen the latest Alien film). Fantastic stuff.