US Midterm Elections

welshbairn

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

The latest Tam McB meltdown, painful reading :(

Also Obama is alright, besides Clinton, I'd say he's the best President since Eisenhower. It's a ludicrously difficult job.

Also Obama is alright, besides Clinton, I'd say he's the best President since Eisenhower. It's a ludicrously difficult job.

Johnson? Ok, he bombed the living crap out of Vietnam, but his domestic record, on civil rights, on medicare and the like probably elevates him. Nixon on the other hand actually had a decent foreign record, just slightly let down by being run out of the office over Watergate. Both arguably had achievements that overshadow that of Clinton (who inherited a fairly quiescent foreign and domestic situation, but you can only beat what's in front of you) and Obama. Not Carter though, he was history's greatest monster.

The American voters don't seem to rate him as highly as you do anymore. He's been an unmitgated disaster.

Romney didn't actually offer much detail on anything in terms of a manifesto, so I've no idea how anyone would conclude that he was right on everything.

In a rare bit of specifics, he did pledge to get unemployment under 6% in four years and Obama has already managed it in two. So in one sense he was completely correct about the economy but in another sense he was completely wrong about the minor detail of who would deliver the success predicted.

He certainly suffered from foot in mouth disease.

"I've got binders full of women."

"some of my great friends are nascar team owners.

And my personal favourite, "corporations are people too my friend."

How anyone can believe in a man who spouts on about mormonism is beyond me, they are a special kind of delusional psychotic.

Archived