Billy stark resigns

bobby carlos

Because he's already a proven failure with Scotland youth squads. 

Ultimately it’s about development though - unless someone has an inside insight then we don’t really have any idea if he’s any good as results aren’t important.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Ultimately it’s about development though - unless someone has an inside insight then we don’t really have any idea if he’s any good as results aren’t important.

What's his record like developing players? 

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

Decent shout. Maybe with a shouty thug as his number 2 in case the wee guys gang up on him.

Maybe, but I reckon Cathro was probably respected enough by younger players - he's probably more relatable to them than the likes of Stark too. Not against having someone like Christian Dailly there as number 2 to boot arses (or call out cheats) when required though.

23 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I could be wrong here but does this not seem like the perfect job for someone like Cathro?  

I could be wrong, but I suspect he lacks the humility to "lower" himself to a job like that one.

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Fair enough, I know nothing of the mans personality.

Neither does Craig.  I suspect he'd bite your arm off for that job and would do excellently but won't ever be offered it as he'd ruffle too many feathers by actually trying to change things.

Archived