Billy stark resigns

bobby carlos

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knox and Stark are complete dinosaurs IMO.

I know St Johnstone fans don't rate Stark because he failed to get you to the SPL but to call him a dinosaur is complete pish. The young Queen's Park team that Stark coached to promotion in 2007 produced some of the best passing and free flowing football I've ever seen in the lower leagues. The job he did there was the main reason he got the under 21 job

shite player and shite coach.

Aye definitely one of the worst players I've ever seen. Not sure how he managed to score over 100 goals from midfield in the Premier League or hold down a regular place in Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen team.The least said about his coaching stint at Queen's Park the better...OK we managed to put Aberdeen out a cup and he became only the 3rd head coach in our history to lead us to promotion but I never rated him or the football he had us playing.

I'll join in with The Convenor in giving the guy a lot of credit for turning our club around. He oversaw our youth set-up becoming one of the best outside the top 5 or 6 clubs in Scotland with our yuth players competing comfortably with the full timers at Premier clubs. He also gave us some of the best football I've seen in my thousand years of supporting Queen's. Our guys then could hold onto a ball and pass it 10 yards to a team mate; the next time you watch a Scottish Premier game, see how much of that there is.

His job at Scotland was originally to oversee all youth sides; I'm assuming that this was still the case. He should be getting some of the credit for the decent-ish crop of players we have now.

Some people here seem to think that he was just the manager of the under 21s; that's only a small part of the job. And some of the names being mentioned here as his replacement......guys with absolutely no experience in what the job actually is.

• 3 months later...

Watched his interview on the SFA FB page, and he said he'd be looking at players from 8 different leagues. Hopefully Harper is one of them because by all accounts he is a terrific talent. I'd expect Gauld to be in his squad as well.

Watched his interview on the SFA FB page, and he said he'd be looking at players from 8 different leagues. Hopefully Harper is one of them because by all accounts he is a terrific talent. I'd expect Gauld to be in his squad as well.

What date is the u21 game?

I'd hope Gauld made it into the u21 and full squad if feasible.

• 3 years later...
After leaving East Kilbride a couple of weeks ago Billy Stark has been appointed Scotland U19s manager.

That new direction that Racist Malky promised to take the National team in was backwards, it appears. I’d like to say I’m surprised. I’m not. Disappointed, but not surprised.

That new direction that Racist Malky promised to take the National team in was backwards, it appears. I’d like to say I’m surprised. I’m not. Disappointed, but not surprised.

What is the issue with Stark? You need a good mix of experience within any set up - he seems very well thought of as a coach.

Billy Stark returns , has Malky MacKay completely lost the plot ?

He has to be a pal , otherwise why appoint  a hasbeen in his sixties who couldn't hack it at the mighty East Kilbride , even with their money.   There has to be a number of young coaches who would jump at the job although what was wrong with Park who was in the job, he seemed highly respected ?

I watched a few under 21 games ,when Stark was last in post, and was totally underwhelmed by his team selections and how slow he was to react with substitutions when the game was going against us .

On 25/05/2018 at 15:38, No_Problemo said:

What is the issue with Stark? You need a good mix of experience within any set up - he seems very well thought of as a coach.

Because he's already a proven failure with Scotland youth squads. 

Archived