Stranraer vs Dunfermline + The Replay

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moffat for Smith, Millen for Williamson and Geggan for Byrne are the changes I would make - the Millen for Williamson one is a given. Moffat and Geggan have both had the kick up the arse they needed after being dropped into the U20's, they both scored so that should boost their confidence. Smith will need time to settle back into the team after his long lay-off and Byrne isn't the type of player I would have playing away to Stranraer.

Be great to get through and get a big tie at home. Two draws with Aberdeen, a draw with Celtic and knocking Old Rangers out (twice) are the sort of games that spring to mind from the last few decades. Cold, still day, big crowd, Pars team as plucky underdogs, jumpers for goalposts etc..

Unlikely to be many big gates before the end of the season unless us and Morton are having a battle for the league and they bring a big away support so the cup is the only chance to get in a bit of extra dosh.

In recent years, we've had some pretty bad luck when it comes to getting a home draw in the Scottish Cup, nine of our last ten ties have been away from home,

Montrose (A)

Aberdeen (A)

Inverness (A)

Partick (A)

Hamilton (H)

Elgin (A)

Ayr (A)

Rangers (A)

East Stirling (A)

Stranraer (A)

Guaranteed to be 5 teams from below the top 2 divisions in the last 16 which should make the draw for the next round more interesting.

Just looking at Williamson's record this season and the pars have only lost once in the league with him in the side, why's he not playing?

Guaranteed to be 5 teams from below the top 2 divisions in the last 16 which should make the draw for the next round more interesting.

Just looking at Williamson's record this season and the pars have only lost once in the league with him in the side, why's he not playing?

Well he's not playing on Saturday because he's injured. Before that, your guess is as good as anyone's.

That list reminded me of that horrendous defeat to Accies in the cup. What a terrible performance that day.

Not playing generally or not being selected for this game?

Generally I can't be bothered having the millen vs williamson argument again.

For Saturday- his knee was pointing in a different direction from the rest of his leg as he was stretchered off last week.

Jefferies says he has players in mind to bring back in to the team for this one - maybe Moffat and Urquhart?

Not traipsing down to this one so any kind of win would be great - JJ can play as many central midfielders as he likes if it helps grind out a win.

Extremely harsh to drop Smith or Ugwu. When Moffat came on in the last game you could see the problem straight away. He's trying to do too much. Just tell him to concentrate on scoring goals rather than chasing everything down and running wide.

Expect Geggan, Moffat and Millen to be brought straight back in. Harsh on Ryan T also.

I think if Moffat is brought back in, it'll be in place of Smith & therefore probably a bit further wide that would suit him... Really not sure we should be playing him unless the system fits. However him & Gozie got a goal each last time we played at Stranraer so you never know.

I think Geggan might be in for Byrne actually, but we'll see. As long as it's not for Stirling!

Extremely harsh to drop Smith or Ugwu. When Moffat came on in the last game you could see the problem straight away. He's trying to do too much. Just tell him to concentrate on scoring goals rather than chasing everything down and running wide.

Expect Geggan, Moffat and Millen to be brought straight back in. Harsh on Ryan T also.

Wouldn't be surprised if big Ryan T keeps his place - JJ will see this as more of a battle than a football match. I still think Ryan needs to neck at least half a bottle of Buckie pre-match to just bring him out of his shell a bit.

-----

JJ's words of wisdom ahead of the cup tie

I had to read this a couple of times to check wasn't imagining things.

In with all the expected stuff about Stranraer being a big strong team, not being a place to play football etc JJ says : "Moffat scored but he has subconsciously thoughts about his first baby's arrival."

Think we should go with the same team we played against Stirling with just the forced change of millen in for Williamson

Scully

Millen Buchanan Martin whittle

Stirling falkingham bryne Thomson

Ugwu smith.

Reckon the Jeffries factor will see at least one of bryne and Stirling drop out for spence or geggan , possibly Moffat in for smith as well.

Think we'll just have enough to squeeze through, I'll go with the popular prediction of 2-1 to us, there will be a red card and/or a penalty at some point.

Guest TOPFITTER

Willie Gibson surely due a red card?

4 Red Cards in 14 Years so I think another year until one is due !!! He could of course just tear DAFC defence new one tomorrow to remind you of the good times. Best part of his career was at EEP and you got a fee for him, when he left you were in position to challenge for the SPL. Hope that's not bitterness I'm sensing against a player who did his bit for the PARS :rolleyes:

4 Red Cards in 14 Years so I think another year until one is due !!! He could of course just tear DAFC defence new one tomorrow to remind you of the good times. Best part of his career was at EEP and you got a fee for him, when he left you were in position to challenge for the SPL. Hope that's not bitterness I'm sensing against a player who did his bit for the PARS :rolleyes:

He was sensational at times but is remembered as much for his meltdowns as his talent. I'd have happily seen him back at East End but when we signed him from Killie he was very open about having no time for Jefferies (then Killie manager).

Wouldn't be remotely surprised to see his name pop up as a scorer tomorrow.

You wan sum?

Quality player to be fair.

Archived