Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

Some of the worst human beings to have walked the planet have died as frail old folk. Those whose lives they've damaged have every right to celebrate when they're not around to cause any more hurt IMO.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's an absolute world of difference between Murphy and thatcher.

I agree with you about those on the (supposed) left who paid tribute to thatcher. I have no time for fakery.

Celebrating the death of an old woman was too far for me. The decent thing there is to say nothing about her death - but be honest about her legacy.

The issue wasn't about the differences between Thatcher and Murphy, it was about honesty or hypocrisy in talking up someone just because they left office.

As to celebrating an old woman's death; you bet I celebrated.

Some of the worst human beings to have walked the planet have died as frail old folk. Those whose lives they've damaged have every right to celebrate when they're not around to cause any more hurt IMO.

Of course they have every right to do it. She (or her supporters) can have no complaints about that reaction (but from what I've read I reckon she'd have been quite glad of it).

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't going along with the daily mail line that the celebrations were the end of British civilization.

My family were affected indirectly by her policies. But for me it just didn't seem right to celebrate.

The issue wasn't about the differences between Thatcher and Murphy, it was about honesty or hypocrisy in talking up someone just because they left office.As to celebrating an old woman's death; you bet I celebrated.

There's a big difference between talking someone up - and not rubbing stuff in.

I thought Sturgeon's tweet was perfect. Classy.

The only reason I didn't celebrate the Iron Lady's death is because it made no difference to anything, and it certainly couldn't cause any kind of offence to her. We're all still stuck with her legacy.

Pissing in her senile old eyes before she died would've been more appropriate for me, but I could never countenance such appalling behaviour :whistle

Come on tae f**k.

It's called decency. He was inept and as a result he was humiliated publicly. He's been rightly forced to go so where is the benefit in sticking the boot in at this stage? It achieves nothing and lacks class.

Why the hell should anyone show an atom of decency to a throughly evil little p***k who used threats & outright bullying in his time as NUS President to prevent them mounting any sort of meaningful challenge to Labour's proposal to replace student grants with student loans - something which was good enough for him to take for even more years than Aamar Anwar managed to squander from the British tax payer, but Murphy never even got so much as a Diploma at the end of all of it?

Why the hell should anyone shed a tear over a "loyal" party member who did everything to undermine his own leader - Queen of the Shitgibbons though she may have been - so he could take what he thought was going to be her cushy number & swan into becoming First Minister next year to compensate for his thwarted career "expectations" at Westminster? He sought to undermine Scottish Labour even more than it already was so he could take it over with his London masters' blessing to "save it".

Why the hell should anyone shed a tear over someone whose idea of discussing the issues is shouting over them (all of the TV debates), particularly women, like the worst neanderthal thug stuck in a 70s timewarp?

If Jim Murphy was in Game of Thrones, he'd be the b*****d child of Littlefinger and Cersei Lannister, combining all of their worst traits - arrogance, sociopathy, paranoia, the charm of a dose of diarrhoea and a face you'd never tire of hitting with a sledgehammer - & zero of their best.

Goodbye and good riddance to this revolting reptile, this pathetic excuse for a man that is now reaping all that he has sown - all those friends and "comrades" he betrayed without a second's remorse thinking he'd always get away with it because he'd always be heading upwards beyond the reach of retribution, let alone their help again.

Why the hell should anyone show an atom of decency to a throughly evil little p***k who used threats & outright bullying in his time as NUS President to prevent them mounting any sort of meaningful challenge to Labour's proposal to replace student grants with student loans - something which was good enough for him to take for even more years than Aamar Anwar managed to squander from the British tax payer, but Murphy never even got so much as a Diploma at the end of all of it?

Why the hell should anyone shed a tear over a "loyal" party member who did everything to undermine his own leader - Queen of the Shitgibbons though she may have been - so he could take what he thought was going to be her cushy number & swan into becoming First Minister next year to compensate for his thwarted career "expectations" at Westminster? He sought to undermine Scottish Labour even more than it already was so he could take it over with his London masters' blessing to "save it".

Why the hell should anyone shed a tear over someone whose idea of discussing the issues is shouting over them (all of the TV debates), particularly women, like the worst neanderthal thug stuck in a 70s timewarp?

If Jim Murphy was in Game of Thrones, he'd be the b*****d child of Littlefinger and Cersei Lannister, combining all of their worst traits - arrogance, sociopathy, paranoia, the charm of a dose of diarrhoea and a face you'd never tire of hitting with a sledgehammer - & zero of their best.

Goodbye and good riddance to this revolting reptile, this pathetic excuse for a man that is now reaping all that he has sown - all those friends and "comrades" he betrayed without a second's remorse thinking he'd always get away with it because he'd always be heading upwards beyond the reach of retribution, let alone their help again.

Who the f**k is shedding a tear?

Are you disappointed in our first minister's response?

Don't really understand how people can get satisfaction out of kicking someone while they're down "for shits and giggles" to be honest.

I thought I'd be all Kevin Keegan at Jim's downfall. In truth the count was more like unexpectedly attending the funeral of a mildly disliked distant relative. Best just let sleeping dogs lie rather than prod away at the corpses.

Don't really understand how people can get satisfaction out of kicking someone while they're down "for shits and giggles" to be honest.

I thought I'd be all Kevin Keegan at Jim's downfall. In truth the count was more like unexpectedly attending the funeral of a mildly disliked distant relative. Best just let sleeping dogs lie rather than prod away at the corpses.

Ah don't give us it, Libbers, you loved it, and THE ENTIRE WORLD saw you loving it!

Some people deserve respect, even some on the opposite side of the political divide. Murphy isn't one of them

C'mon Libby

You've played a blinder here so far

Don't ruin it by telling us not to rip the pish out of Jum, he's had it coming

Ps Thatcher sounded fucking horrible

Murphy, together with Brown, telling Scottish pensioners last year that their pensions would be under threat if they voted YES shows how despicable a man he is. Don't see why we should mask our feelings on his departure.

It's not all joy tho. They may get someone competent. :D

They could do with someone competent at Holyrood. In a parliamentary democracy it is important to have a capable opposition scrutinising and challenging the government. If Dugdale is really the best they have then they're in real trouble.

Archived