Stranraer vs Peterhead

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon if it had been a Saturday there would have been only 150 or so more. There would be corporate and the Stranraer fans that live in the central belt making the drive. Maybe about 10fae peterhead.

The club dropped the prices . It didn't make much difference. Live football on tv in England and Scotland.

We played some nice stuff at times in the game, unlike Peterhead who just wanted to kick people. Willie Gibson ran the show for us, McAllister did very little apart from moan at everybody ....prize fud !

I thought the same thing about Rory McAllister when we played them on Saturday - he scored twice, so it seems a bit silly to pick apart his performance, but he mooched about and moaned at anyone who came into his field of vision. He certainly looks like a poorer player than the one who left Brechin City in 2011.

I thought the same thing about Rory McAllister when we played them on Saturday - he scored twice, so it seems a bit silly to pick apart his performance, but he mooched about and moaned at anyone who came into his field of vision. He certainly looks like a poorer player than the one who left Brechin City in 2011.

Most players will regress when working with a manager as inept as McInally.

Am sure by the end of the season both teams will have a free Saturday

It wasnt a cup tie that had to be played !!!

Midweek round trip of over 600 miles

Shocking

Att 329

Hopefully after 10 or so years of a fully operative pyramid system diddy teams with no fans will slide away into regional leagues. Not sure if Alloa would be in the Highland or the Lowland League though...

Am sure by the end of the season both teams will have a free Saturday

It wasnt a cup tie that had to be played !!!

Midweek round trip of over 600 miles

Shocking

Att 329

I get your point but don't see where you get the extra Saturday's at end of season. If either team are in play-offs either top or bottom, players contracts extended by those two weeks , if not they are free agents in most cases unless but by no way the norm player is on a two year deal.

Although I have not yet seen every team in this league so far, last nights display by Stranraer was the best I have seen this season. They certainly deserved their victory last night & looked strong right through the team although would have liked to have seen their keeper in particular put under some more pressure. We have had plenty of these epic mid-weeks trips over the last few seasons with 2 or 3 to Annan, some of these have been the result of cup matches taking the scheduled league Saturday slot over have discussed this before but still think it should be the cup games such as replays that should be played mid-week not league matches moved to accomadate them. Fortunately I made an overnight stay of last night so not too hard going, speaking to the folk that came down on the bus it was a 6.30hr trip down which is hardly ideal preparation for playing football but the authorities seem to take no account of this.

By all accounts Stranraer fully deserved last nights result, so this is in no way a sour grapes post. All I would say, in reply to some prevoius posts is this:- I've never understood why rearranged games can't be played on international weekends, just bring the kick off forward.

By all accounts Stranraer fully deserved last nights result, so this is in no way a sour grapes post. All I would say, in reply to some prevoius posts is this:- I've never understood why rearranged games can't be played on international weekends, just bring the kick off forward.

Far too sensible, that's why it doesn't happen.

The fixture was due to be played on an international weekend. Something I don't agree with. I follow Stranraer and Scotland and don't want to have to choose between who to watch.

I don't think I'll be the only person in the country that follows the national team and their local club.

The fixture was due to be played on an international weekend. Something I don't agree with. I follow Stranraer and Scotland and don't want to have to choose between who to watch.

I don't think I'll be the only person in the country that follows the national team and their local club.

Fair play to you, but by the same token, I'm sure that there would be just as many who would be happy to follow their local team, & armchair the internationals.

As has been said above international weekends should be free. We played Peterhead at home (lunchtime ko) in 2003-04 and I missed getting to the Scotland v Holland home playoff. Shouldn't have had to choose....

After this weekends Scottish cup games there is 1 free Saturday left between now and the end of the season for the next round of the Scottish cup but seen as Stranraer play Peterhead in this round of the cup that rules out waiting to see if both teams are out!

Personally I think its the challenge cup that needs changed.

A - It should stay regionalised until the final

B - It should stay midweek until the final

C - The final should be on the Sat before Christmas which should be kept free, however it isn't this season for some reason. Dire attendances all round though...

Also what are the chances of a draw this Saturday....

Archived