Bathgate 1-6 Blantyre

Ian38018

Said all along the worst Bathgate junior side i have ever seen

I suppose this depends upon how long you have been watching the club - I have been attending Creamery Park on and off for almost 40 years and can certainly remember some stinkers.

If you are a relatively recent convert - last 15 years say - then you may well be correct.

But it is also the case that this side probably has had less spent on it than any since the early 1980s.

Armadale must have better players and improved every year not like Bathgate. Your admitting wee have 3 decent players and that's it. That's not good enough to be honest

No, those three are standouts. I didn't say the others weren't decent. The boy Wales doesn't really get a chance but is another I'd rate.

It's not all doom and gloom, it was only 3 weeks ago we won up at Glenrothes. What did you think of that game?

Btw, I think chavez's comment that I quoted further up, was aimed at me not you.

No, those three are standouts. I didn't say the others weren't decent. The boy Wales doesn't really get a chance but is another I'd rate.

It's not all doom and gloom, it was only 3 weeks ago we won up at Glenrothes. What did you think of that game?

Btw, I think chavez's comment that I quoted further up, was aimed at me not you.

It is not my intention to belittle anyone. I just think it's just a shame there are passionate Bathgate guys on here - and there must be some others elsewhere - who just want to keep chucking negative comments about. Some of the things getting said at games to the team and supporters walking out is piss poor behaviour. If we want to see the team improve we need to help them.

It is not my intention to belittle anyone. I just think it's just a shame there are passionate Bathgate guys on here - and there must be some others elsewhere - who just want to keep chucking negative comments about. Some of the things getting said at games to the team and supporters walking out is piss poor behaviour. If we want to see the team improve we need to help them.

I know I can get too caught up in the games, and I do regret some shouts. That's why I walked out with 30 mins to go on Saturday, cos I knew I'd end up having a proper go.

The problem is some people come across as being blinkered and not being able to see how it really is. We're poor, even you'll admit that I'm sure. Admittedly comments like armadillo helps no1, and certainly its not the views of most folk i talk to.

I get the impression he's on the wind up though.

With out trying to sound obtuse, how do you suppose we achieve your last point?

I know I can get too caught up in the games, and I do regret some shouts. That's why I walked out with 30 mins to go on Saturday, cos I knew I'd end up having a proper go.

The problem is some people come across as being blinkered and not being able to see how it really is. We're poor, even you'll admit that I'm sure. Admittedly comments like armadillo helps no1, and certainly its not the views of most folk i talk to.

I get the impression he's on the wind up though.

With out trying to sound obtuse, how do you suppose we achieve your last point?

I agree we are poor at the moment. I am not blinkered to what's in front of me but if you don't mind I'll put it back to you and ask you what you think we can do to turn it round. Do we get rid of the manager- has he had any time? Do we get rid of players - who'll take them if the Club ask for money? Can the Club afford to bring new players in? It's just too easy to say we're poor and walk away on a Saturday and expect some miracle to happen by the following week. There is a small committee working their bollocks off to keep the Club going to the standards everybody seems to think we should be at. There is a team full of mainly young boys who want to try and play football. If you're reading this and you're a Bathgate supporter then ask yourself if you're doing all you can to help. If things need to improve it can't always be somebody else's responsibility.

I agree we are poor at the moment. I am not blinkered to what's in front of me but if you don't mind I'll put it back to you and ask you what you think we can do to turn it round. Do we get rid of the manager- has he had any time? Do we get rid of players - who'll take them if the Club ask for money? Can the Club afford to bring new players in? It's just too easy to say we're poor and walk away on a Saturday and expect some miracle to happen by the following week. There is a small committee working their bollocks off to keep the Club going to the standards everybody seems to think we should be at. There is a team full of mainly young boys who want to try and play football. If you're reading this and you're a Bathgate supporter then ask yourself if you're doing all you can to help. If things need to improve it can't always be somebody else's responsibility.

Should the manager go? No. That would be stupid. He should definitely be given a chance.

I think we've got a decent squad, but personally I don't think the team that was put out on Saturday is anywhere near our strongest starting 11. Boys playing out of position, more capable players on the bench....

Your always pleading poverty, so paying cash at the gate is a good start. Besides filling the begging tin every time it's rattled, there isn't any great awareness to what the club require doing.

Your always pleading poverty, so paying cash at the gate is a good start. Besides filling the begging tin every time it's rattled, there isn't any great awareness to what the club require doing.

Eh mate I'm no pleading poverty. I'm a fan like you. I'm only judging what I see. You seem to be completely missing the point. If you are witnessing things you're no happy with have you approached the manager or commitee? Try that this Saturday.

Eh mate I'm no pleading poverty. I'm a fan like you. I'm only judging what I see. You seem to be completely missing the point. If you are witnessing things you're no happy with have you approached the manager or commitee? Try that this Saturday.

Are you not always pointing out how we've not got 2 pennies to rub together every time someone has a criticism?

I won't be in attendance this Saturday. In any case what would that realistically achieve, especially going to the committee? It's the levels of on field performance from some that's worrying. Some players on Saturday looked like they simply didn't care. It must be demoralising for the others that put their heart and sole into it every time they pull the jersey on (or aren't given a chance), to see some that are unwilling to perform simple tasks like pressing.

Like you, i want to see the club do well and that's what makes watching games at the moment very frustrating. We've been embarrassed on too many occasions already this year.

Are you not always pointing out how we've not got 2 pennies to rub together every time someone has a criticism?

I won't be in attendance this Saturday. In any case what would that realistically achieve, especially going to the committee? It's the levels of on field performance from some that's worrying. Some players on Saturday looked like they simply didn't care. It must be demoralising for the others that put their heart and sole into it every time they pull the jersey on (or aren't given a chance), to see some that are unwilling to perform simple tasks like pressing.

Like you, i want to see the club do well and that's what makes watching games at the moment very frustrating. We've been embarrassed on too many occasions already this year.

Take a wee breath mate and look at your posts. You are - rightly - criticising performances but you haven't put forward one single idea how to help. You don't want the manager to go. You don't want to approach the committee to see if you can help. What do you suggest? We can ALL see what's in front of us but again the answer is down to everybody else. Just fix it and put a team in front of you that wins most weeks - no real problem then.

Surely approaching the committee and the fact we're poor on the park are different issues, no? This discussion was started by someone describing the game and then got hijacked by a few ripping the team apart (armadillo etc.). You seem to be trying to turn it around into a, "you’re not on the committee therefore you have no right to criticize" argument. So lets try and resolve both shall we?

Q: How to resolve the on field issues?

A: If I had a definitive answer I’d be a manager somewhere. If you want to play a game of football manager, here's the changes I’d have made to the starting 11. I wouldn’t have had Welshy in Midfield, I'd have had him as left back, moved Gordon into the Mid and swapped out Danny for Barry Wales.

Lets tackle your new question:

Q: How do we get more people involved.

A: A question that haunts many an organization. Lets start by letting people know what’s happening at the club. In this day and age everything’s internet based, and predominately social media based. This, I personally feel is a major Achilles heel of ours. If an "outsider" wanted to pop along to our next game how would he find out when it's on and get information about the team? The website - Nope, next fixture is apparently at home on the 8th of October. Facebook page - Nope, looks like we only have a Bathgate Thistle CFC page which was last updated with info about the juniors on the 8th of October. Twitter - Hit or a miss really.

People actively use these resources to find out about the team. In fact, only a couple of weeks ago i had to assist a guy from Lochgelly who was looking for information about the team to put together a programme but was unable to find anything.

These are also good ways of interacting with sponsors and the like.

Listen, if no one else is able to look into these areas let me know and i'll see what i can do. I'm certainly happy to help out here.

Surely approaching the committee and the fact we're poor on the park are different issues, no? This discussion was started by someone describing the game and then got hijacked by a few ripping the team apart (armadillo etc.). You seem to be trying to turn it around into a, "youre not on the committee therefore you have no right to criticize" argument. So lets try and resolve both shall we?

Q: How to resolve the on field issues?

A: If I had a definitive answer Id be a manager somewhere. If you want to play a game of football manager, here's the changes Id have made to the starting 11. I wouldnt have had Welshy in Midfield, I'd have had him as left back, moved Gordon into the Mid and swapped out Danny for Barry Wales.

Lets tackle your new question:

Q: How do we get more people involved.

A: A question that haunts many an organization. Lets start by letting people know whats happening at the club. In this day and age everythings internet based, and predominately social media based. This, I personally feel is a major Achilles heel of ours. If an "outsider" wanted to pop along to our next game how would he find out when it's on and get information about the team? The website - Nope, next fixture is apparently at home on the 8th of October. Facebook page - Nope, looks like we only have a Bathgate Thistle CFC page which was last updated with info about the juniors on the 8th of October. Twitter - Hit or a miss really.

People actively use these resources to find out about the team. In fact, only a couple of weeks ago i had to assist a guy from Lochgelly who was looking for information about the team to put together a programme but was unable to find anything.

These are also good ways of interacting with sponsors and the like.

Listen, if no one else is able to look into these areas let me know and i'll see what i can do. I'm certainly happy to help out here.

I've been sating it for months, Bathgate Exile to take over the running the Social Media side of things for the Club ;-)

Agree 100% that Barry Wales must now be given his chance, he is a much better option than a few that are starting in front of him, also agree that Welsh ain't a midfielder, if he is going to play it's got to be in the middle of defence with Brady (move Sam to the right).

QM

Archived