mark roberts

ayr

David moyes man utd. Unless you mean it's not possible that you'd behave like that

Don't think any Man U player would fail to give 100% for the jersey. I still reckon a decent manager can bring out the best in players though. At the very least give them confidence that they are organised and part of a solid unit. If they make a mistake someone has their back. Who's going to feel like that with Roberts in charge?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for backing up my point

Hardly. I'm saying it's a complete myth that the team enjoys glorious support on the road and that makes all the difference. At Morton it was like a funeral in the Ayr end. At Peterhead there was 45 minutes of abuse being hurled at Roberts.

If anything, our fans in the Somerset Rd end have practically sucked the ball into the goal for many a year. It's a huge advantage that other teams in this league would love to have. Do we have folk who turn on the team easily? Yes but so do all clubs. Spare me the crap that we can't play at home due to our support

Don't think any Man U player would fail to give 100% for the jersey. I still reckon a decent manager can bring out the best in players though. At the very least give them confidence that they are organised and part of a solid unit. If they make a mistake someone has their back. Who's going to feel like that with Roberts in charge?

I was lucky enough to be at goodison in the game where it became untenable for moyes. If you watch that game back the performance of the Man Utd players is disgraceful. It was glaringly obvious they had chucked it. Rooney in particular who he had given the captaincy on a return to his home. He also just gave him a 300k a week contract but Rooney knowing the significance of that game and how important it was for moyes didn't try his arse. The Players didn't play for their manager. Rio Ferdinand almost said as much

I've also seen Derick riordan not play for john Hughes at hibs when they were put out the cup midweek at Ross county.

I think psychologically it is possible for players to hink they know better and be deflated and uninspired. I believe there are characters who know they won't get sacked by the manager might.

Fair play to you for believing in tne positive though cliche. Wish I was less cynical

Bit off topic, but wee you a fan of Reid? I know a few players who called him Brian 'Fucking' Reid. Would be good to get a bit of an inside opinion on him.

I was a big fan yeah, he made a few mistakes (bringing in too many loan players) which he acknowledges himself, however 2 promotions, some unbelievable days out in the cup, he is a good guy also.

David moyes man utd. Unless you mean it's not possible that you'd behave like that

The same Davie Moyes that had more points on board at this stage of season than LVG (who has spent £100 million)

That's the one dean. The one who I believe was the man for the job. Unfortunately the divas who he inherited didn't like their new dad and wrecked their bedrooms. We will never know

I reckon Reid, with this squad, would be laughing.

I reckon Reid, with this squad, would be laughing.

Maybe. Part of the problem I had with Reid was that there was only one season (first time we went up under him) where the games were entertaining. Even the second promotion season was poor fare and the two years in the First Division were bordering on embarrassing.

Roberts certainly has better players to work with than Reid ever did.

When you compare the likes of Craig Beattie and Peter Murphy to David Gormley and Scott Walker, you realise that Reid actually got the best out of guys.

That said, Reid's time had been and gone. We were right to punt him when we did. The problem is we haven't made any progress in the three years since.

Reid was sold down the river in his last season with us. A tiny fraction of the money from the cup run was all that needed to be invested in the squad to keep us up. That was our chance to try and establish ourselves as a first division club.

Looking at the fixture list just there, i think Roberts days are numbered. Scottish Cup at home to Alloa. Away to our bogey team Stranraer then at Home(where we can't buy a win) to Peterheid!

I'm going to predict 3 defeats and it'll be game over.

Your just being totally negative.

There's a draw in there somewhere. :P

Looking at the fixture list just there, i think Roberts days are numbered. Scottish Cup at home to Alloa. Away to our bogey team Stranraer then at Home(where we can't buy a win) to Peterheid!

I'm going to predict 3 defeats and it'll be game over.

You say that but would his time really be up? Or is that wishful thinking?

We'll win against Alloa, beat Stranraer and then lose to Peterhead, buying him anther 3 months

Until Saturday I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but Saturday just showed how we have not progressed under him in 3 years.

In a winnable game at home, to lose a goal early and not look at all interested in pulling it back, to barely register a shot on goal...this wasn't a one off though, we've seen too many performances like that under him.

This is the third variation of a team we have had under him and we haven't progressed past mid table, Stranraer did it with an arguably poorer squad last year, Forfar look like they will do it this year.

Is Devlin better than Hunter? yes, is Mckinley better than Pope? probably, is Murphy a better player than Lithgow? yes is Forrest better than last year? yes, is the team doing better than last year? No, coupled with the fact that the team is now largely full time....any other club would have fired him, any other manager would have walked

Daziel was honking and we improved when we had Ian Monroe as assistant, then Frank Conner, if Roberts is not going to throw in the towel, at least seek advice from someone soon before we waste another year in this league and he ruins any chance of having a career in management, because if he leaves Ayr this year, I doubt that anyone but junior teams would take him on.

This is the third variation of a team we have had under him and we haven't progressed past mid table, Stranraer did it with an arguably poorer squad last year, Forfar look like they will do it this year.

Is Devlin better than Hunter? yes, is Mckinley better than Pope? probably, is Murphy a better player than Lithgow? yes is Forrest better than last year? yes, is the team doing better than last year? No, coupled with the fact that the team is now largely full time....any other club would have fired him, any other manager would have walked

Not many clubs fire their manager while sitting mid-table after 11 games (six points off the top) and even fewer managers would walk in the same position.

I'm afraid we're a long way off sacking territory yet.

Not many clubs fire their manager while sitting mid-table after 11 games (six points off the top) and even fewer managers would walk in the same position.

I'm afraid we're a long way off sacking territory yet.

Same folk were calling for the mans head when he was sitting 3rd behind Rangers and Dumfermline.

Until a manager has six treble winning seasons in a row I don't think they'll ever be good enough for the fans.

Archived