Sick Fed Up Of The Talbot

fitbaw101

The title of this thread made me actually laugh out loud.

As he's a Cumnock boy I'm imagining that the last two derby matches have sent him into a tailspin.

I was lucky enough to grow up watching my home team dominate the Juniors. The success is obvious but the real mastery of it is the way it has happened. No quick fix, no big checkbooks, just sound, honest hard work by individuals who are proud of their club and their wee village.

Now, to get to the top is fantastic but to stay there for as long as they have is miraculous. Look back over history and you will see many fleeting examples of teams bossing the grade. Cambuslang, Kilwinning, Glenafton, Linlithgow, Pollok to name a few but the Talbot have surfed on the crest of their wave for nearly 30 years in terms of Scottish Cups but even further than that when the WOS cup is brought into the equation. It's a phenomenon!

And I love it!.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The title of this thread made me actually laugh out loud.

As he's a Cumnock boy I'm imagining that the last two derby matches have sent him into a tailspin.

I was lucky enough to grow up watching my home team dominate the Juniors. The success is obvious but the real mastery of it is the way it has happened. No quick fix, no big checkbooks, just sound, honest hard work by individuals who are proud of their club and their wee village.

Now, to get to the top is fantastic but to stay there for as long as they have is miraculous. Look back over history and you will see many fleeting examples of teams bossing the grade. Cambuslang, Kilwinning, Glenafton, Linlithgow, Pollok to name a few but the Talbot have surfed on the crest of their wave for nearly 30 years in terms of Scottish Cups but even further than that when the WOS cup is brought into the equation. It's a phenomenon!

And I love it!.

You've taken that too far old bean. If everyone was as fleeting as us they'd be doing very well indeed. I remember your team of the early millennium which got a leathering at Prestonfield. It was a blip but y you definitely fell off your wave for a wee while.

Like every other club,it's players,managers that win trophies.Talbot have been excellent under great managers like Knox and Sloan not so excellent under Minford,McDonald.Talbot pay good wages saying anything else is ridiculous back in the late 80s Alan Pirie had agreed to return to Kilbirnie from Patrick only for him to renege when Talbot offered him a hellava lot more money.Talbot can attract players and more importantly keep hold of them as long as they are of use,very few players leave Talbot to get success elsewhere or more money elsewhere.Difference with other clubs who get investment and use it to chase glory is that Talbot know how to budget,know the true value of players,never pay over the odds transfer fees have long term planning in place and more than any other junior club recognized the value of getting the local community involved.They could teach a good few so called senior clubs a lot about how to run a successful football club.Hitchell,Lannon,Findlay,Paterson,McCulloch,Slaven,Spence down the years they have built teams around characters that would die for the jersey,that buy into and epitomise the spirit of the club.You have to win the battle before you can win the game,down the years teams may have played better fitba than the Talbot on occasions but very rarely have they bettered the Talbot.They are a phenomenal club with a fantastic attitude and desire to win...at the end of the day though the reason they are not Muirkirk is that they have more money than Muirkirk,pay better wages bigger transfer fees,aye they generate a lot of their income themselves rather than from massive investments and they spend it wisely to keep themselves at the top of the game.

Like every other club,it's players,managers that win trophies.Talbot have been excellent under great managers like Knox and Sloan not so excellent under Minford,McDonald.Talbot pay good wages saying anything else is ridiculous back in the late 80s Alan Pirie had agreed to return to Kilbirnie from Patrick only for him to renege when Talbot offered him a hellava lot more money.Talbot can attract players and more importantly keep hold of them as long as they are of use,very few players leave Talbot to get success elsewhere or more money elsewhere.Difference with other clubs who get investment and use it to chase glory is that Talbot know how to budget,know the true value of players,never pay over the odds transfer fees have long term planning in place and more than any other junior club recognized the value of getting the local community involved.They could teach a good few so called senior clubs a lot about how to run a successful football club.Hitchell,Lannon,Findlay,Paterson,McCulloch,Slaven,Spence down the years they have built teams around characters that would die for the jersey,that buy into and epitomise the spirit of the club.You have to win the battle before you can win the game,down the years teams may have played better fitba than the Talbot on occasions but very rarely have they bettered the Talbot.They are a phenomenal club with a fantastic attitude and desire to win...at the end of the day though the reason they are not Muirkirk is that they have more money than Muirkirk,pay better wages bigger transfer fees,aye they generate a lot of their income themselves rather than from massive investments and they spend it wisely to keep themselves at the top of the game.

I experienced something akin to orgasm reading that!

Any non-Talbot who has ever had the misfortune to stand amongst their fans during a match will testify to most of them being morons. Especially the females. Nice pitch though.

Done so on many an occasion and did not find this. Your experience may differ which forms your judgement. Fair enough. There are morons at every club. The bigger the support the bigger percentage of morons. The bigger the game the more chance you have of these morons attending same as any football club. Simples.

Energyzone and Izdrik are strange lads who troll the Junior pages to follow the goings on about Talbot. I find this a compliment when two people can give up so much time to comment on this fine club. Keep up the good work lads you might get an invite to Largs where you could share an ice cream with butterbean and partake in a seethe session of the highest magnitude.

some bunch of amateur no-hoping Lowland League also rans. Quite a terrible result for the Talbot really....

attachicon.giftalbot-final whistle.jpg

Ah, an Edinburgh City supporter, and here was me thinking that a team with absolutely no support were actually thinking that they were of senior in status! What have Lord Lucan, the Dodo got in common with an Edinburgh City supporter?

#1 icon_share.png

Posted Today, 19:19

Third Division Sub

• photo-thumb-43329.jpg?_r=1373227197

• Gold Members

bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

1,164 posts

• My Team:Auchinleck Talbot

Travelling to Aberdeen in one of the FOUR buses ferrying the Chosen People we overtook a bus hailing from Linlithgow who had players in Maroon trackies who were flicking the V's when we overtook them. There was no sign of brown cords, hipflasks reeming over with Pimms and no cucumber and watercress sandwiches on show. Maybe the Gymkana Young team could answer this question. It was near Perth this happened.

just before dipple trys to have his thread deleted. :thumsup2

does his carer take him to your games ?.as he obviously has no sense of direction.

Archived