Sick Fed Up Of The Talbot

fitbaw101

I'm sick and fed up of the Talbot winning everything and hearing the pish that come out of those idiots mouths! Nicts, Ricts, YINS!! , there must be a team out there who can stop them? Ok people will say the meadow and hurlford..But they get close in the league and never seem to do anything. who else can topple them? there fans are the most arrogant b*****ds av ever came across!! Would u all still support them if they were getting humped every week? a don't think so! I was talking to a Talbot fan recently at the hurlford game and he says most Talbot fans only go to the big games! Its time for a change

Can you not just take a crumb of comfort in them being pumped out the senior scottish the last two season when everyone fancied them to progress.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aye it is a richt pain in the erse whin talbit win a'thing. hing is they huv been daein it fur ower 30 years, ye wid hink in thon time anither team wid huv stepped up tae the mork but naecnt his. guid luck tae the talbit, they ur a guiod side, their fans are awright tae, apart fae the auld grannys wae thur walkin sticks that skelp ye if ye score against thum

Is this the way all junior fans speak?

Can you not just take a crumb of comfort in them being pumped out the senior scottish the last two season when everyone fancied them to progress.

This season i can accept but who in their right mind had them favourites against Stranraer

This season i can accept but who in their right mind had them favourites against Stranraer

I certainly thought they would progress, few people on here thought talbot would , lad i used to work with on twitter thought it was 60-40 talbot and he is a stranraer supporter. All about opinions bottom line is if the guy is looking for some crumb of comfort then he should in these games , certainly the nature of the stranraer defeat was well worthy of a wrye smile if your looking to see them trip up.

This is the kind of clubs we have in East Ayrshire

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=846365048736582

That you guy's giving the impression you get on :rolleyes: .

Nah seriously Well done on the kids / youth football thing.

I certainly thought they would progress, few people on here thought talbot would , lad i used to work with on twitter thought it was 60-40 talbot and he is a stranraer supporter. All about opinions bottom line is if the guy is looking for some crumb of comfort then he should in these games , certainly the nature of the stranraer defeat was well worthy of a wrye smile if your looking to see them trip up.

I would always presume that any of the 42 SPFL sides would beat any of the Junior sides tbh

I'm sick and fed up of the Talbot winning everything and hearing the pish that come out of those idiots mouths! Nicts, Ricts, YINS!! , there must be a team out there who can stop them? Ok people will say the meadow and hurlford..But they get close in the league and never seem to do anything. who else can topple them? there fans are the most arrogant b*****ds av ever came across!! Would u all still support them if they were getting humped every week? a don't think so! I was talking to a Talbot fan recently at the hurlford game and he says most Talbot fans only go to the big games! Its time for a change

What happened to Auchinleck Talbot is what's known in the trade as sound modern sports club management - incentives and initiatives to milk fans of every bit of loose change possible (eg. merchandising) combined with reinvestment in the ground & facilities in order to make it more attractive to players, fans, sponsors and advertisers.

Yes, they had Willie Knox, but he would have been just another successful manager, just another footnote, had there not been the people in place with the foresight to see the long term rather than being just another Junior club having a "wee turn" before vanishing back into obscurity & honours lists in the Evening Times Wee Red Book.

Irvine Meadow have the fastest potential to match Talbot by deign of their potential catchment area, but it's going to take the same sort of calibre of people brought on board with a long term strategy of at least ten years rather than going for the more tempting quick fix of outspending Talbot on players.

TBH after years of Junior false dawns, I've long given up on another club emerging in the West copying the Talbot strategy. Short-termism is endemic & as such although Talbot may not hoover up all the trophies every year, they will continue to take the lion's share over the long term largely unchecked.

Archived