ALLOA VS NEW RANGERS SEMI TIE

Wasps1

Expecting a lot of the non-first team players to feature for this game and a 3-0 win.

The game is not important. Win or lose I'm not bothered. But I will be disappointed if the main players play and end up losing the league match at the weekend as a result of playing 2 games in one week.

Not for me mate, let's go there and win, if we can't handle two games in a week at this level, at this stage of the season with the squad we've got, we may as well call it a day right now.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I might just turn up for this, no ticket but should be easy enough to get one outside the ground, Alloa have been a bit of a bogey team this season but not in the same way Stirling Albion were a few seasons back, a win for them tonight would change that though.

As far as I know there are still tickets for the away end? I may be wrong if someone can confirm?

Think I might just turn up for this, no ticket but should be easy enough to get one outside the ground, Alloa have been a bit of a bogey team this season but not in the same way Stirling Albion were a few seasons back, a win for them tonight would change that though.

i will be the guy with a 12 piece bucket, ask nicely and i may give you a chip

Can't wait for this now. Sounds like we are down to the bare bones for the game, although I'm sure Barry will still be able to field a strong starting eleven.

Notwithstanding the two results and performances this season against Rangers it will take something even more special to get through this tie. We'll also need to carry some luck. In all honesty I'd settle now for an entertaining game and a narrow-ish defeat.

No harm in dreaming though....

would an eskimo even brave a december wednesday night petrofac cup clash in alloa? i dont think they would cope with the conditions

I went up a few years ago for an Alloa v Raith Rovers midweek cup tie. It was absolutely Baltic!! I stood behind the goals watching the ground going white as it froze beneath our feet!! All that way and Raith got gubbed out 2-0..If i remember correctly Alloa did score a peach of a goal that night. I have to say it was not the best night i have ever had at the football.

Pretty sure that game was to decide who played Aberdeen in the next round and Alloa did quite well against them...i think.

I went up a few years ago for an Alloa v Raith Rovers midweek cup tie. It was absolutely Baltic!! I stood behind the goals watching the ground going white as it froze beneath our feet!! All that way and Raith got gubbed out 2-0..If i remember correctly Alloa did score a peach of a goal that night. I have to say it was not the best night i have ever had at the football.

Pretty sure that game was to decide who played Aberdeen in the next round and Alloa did quite well against them...i think.

Out for a few beers in Stirling early doors!:D

The players have been excellent so far this season and never showed any fear against the teams fighting for promotion and we've only lost games by the narrowest of margin's and I'm sure we will give it our all again tonight to keep our unbeaten record against Rangers intact as long as we go out and show them no fear I will be happy.

I think I remember that game. They were managed by McGlynn and had a plethora of ex jambos(including Simmons) playing for them. Think Craig Levein was spotted on the terracing that night as well.

I think I remember that game. They were managed by McGlynn and had a plethora of ex jambos(including Simmons) playing for them. Think Craig Levein was spotted on the terracing that night as well.

It could have been around that time. I think the player who scored a cracking goal that night was Brown Ferguson(?)

Raith were 1-0 up with a few minutes left and Bomber smashed in a couple of goals to win 2-1. I think they were recorded as 88 and 90. We went on to outplay Aberdeen in the next round and those attending the game tonight can read more about that in the match programme :)

For the benefit of the Ps&Ds (other than the Wasps fans) who will watch the game on a dodgy stream and post here I have prepared, as before, a handy cut and paste template. No need to type out your post, merely select from this useful list:

• Mon Waspies, in to this shower of shite
  • Ian Black. A coupon you’d never get tired of punching.
  • How come ‘Elbows’ is still on the park?
  • f**k that, ref. Scottish football? Corrupt to the core.
  • Sevco? The 2nd highest budget in Scottish football? To produce this?
  • Nae wonder the food kiosks at Recreation Park ran out of pies. Just look at the cut of Sa££y.
  • That’s The Songbook getting laldy. Dae these c***s think they are above the law?
  • Moshni? Nae need for further comment. Just LOL.
  • What a weight Boyd has put on. Do they actually do training at Murray Park?
  • Why have Sevco brought on a statue? Oh, it’s Jon Daly.
  • Just look at the Sevco players. Celebrating like they won the Champions League.

Hope this helps you enjoy the game and makes posting your repetitious claptrap a wee bit easier.

Raith were 1-0 up with a few minutes left and Bomber smashed in a couple of goals to win 2-1. I think they were recorded as 88 and 90. We went on to outplay Aberdeen in the next round and those attending the game tonight can read more about that in the match programme :)

I just hope it is a tad warmer tonight for all those attending than it was that night.

Were Raith really 1-0 up that night? I was sure Alloa won fairly easily...Ach well must be my age.

For the benefit of the Ps&Ds (other than the Wasps fans) who will watch the game on a dodgy stream and post here I have prepared, as before, a handy cut and paste template. No need to type out your post, merely select from this useful list:

• Nae wonder the food kiosks at Recreation Park ran out of pies. Just look at the cut of Sa££y.
  • That’s The Songbook getting laldy. Dae these c***s think they are above the law?
  • Just look at the Sevco players. Celebrating like they won the Champions League.

Hope this helps you enjoy the game and makes posting your repetitious claptrap a wee bit easier.

The game is live on BBC ALBA .... At least tonight's commentator will make more sense than Andy Walker! ;)

The game is live on BBC ALBA .... At least tonight's commentator will make more sense than Andy Walker! ;)

Ah we don't get Teuchter Telly (apologies to Wunf) down here in Loyal Bucks so I'll still have to watch it on the PC. Still, we know what the script will be from the plastics and diddies, win or lose.

Anybody want to make a list of what the non-Rangers fans will be posting?

Archived