ALLOA VS NEW RANGERS SEMI TIE

Wasps1

To be fair, when Smith talked about bringing another striker on in his post match interview, I thought he was talking shite. They scored in the 89th minute - how much later was he planning to leave it before deciding he didn't want extra time?

EDIT: That's not to say that Johnstone isn't a bitter, thick f**k, because he definitely is.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is classic Derek Johnstone.

Complete whataboutery and a slavvering mess.

Hes pretty much unlistenable on super scoreboard.

Always absolutely scrambling to defend McCoist/Rangers or put the boot in elsewhere.

No credibility whatsoever.

They only had 4th officials for their televised games. That's standard SFA policy - it also applies to the televised Championship games on BBC Alba. They presumably think it looks better for the TV to have someone holding up a board for subs and stoppage time etc.

I'd suspect it's more to do with avoiding a delay (or even potential abandonment) if the referee gets injured although no doubt that is a factor.

To be fair, when Smith talked about bringing another striker on in his post match interview, I thought he was talking shite. They scored in the 89th minute - how much later was he planning to leave it before deciding he didn't want extra time?

EDIT: That's not to say that Johnstone isn't a bitter, thick f**k, because he definitely is.

Barry once subbied a striker on in the 13th minute of injury time only for the ref to blow for full time instantly

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This remains my favourite moment from The Journey. When it went to 2-0 I gave up and stopped watching. Forgot about it. Then later on that evening my absent-minded browsing takes me to the BBC website, then the sport page, I see "Alloa draw level with Rangers" or something similar as one of the stories I turn the telly back on to see the celebrations after the third goal. I was so delighted I wasn't even raging I'd missed it. Watched the full game on iplayer the next day, pishing myself for an hour and a half. Great value.

• 11 months later...
Only switched on the second half but Rangers look like they're strolling this. Alloa have offered nothing.

This is one of my favourite posts.

How have things worked out for you, ya Cowdung numpty?

Archived