Aberdeen: Where architecture goes to die

It's when 13 people turn up to the first viewing, all offer over the extortionate asking price for a bang average flat with single glazing windows, when you realise it will be a struggle.

Go and spare room and share the pain.

After living in halls for 2 years(with friends, I should add), I can safely say I never want to share a flat with another human being ever again.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're looking at between £650 - £700 for a one bed flat in Aberdeen city centre. Two beds you're looking at £900 - £1,000. You might get some places cheaper but I am not sure how desirable some of them are!

There's some new flats being built round from where I stay. Pretty standard looking "modern" design flats. Starting price for a two bed was £230,000 - £260,000 :lol:

I've actually always liked this building for some strange reason..

I call it 'the Death Star'. There's something about the interior corridors that just has me imagining Darth Vader and storm-troopers wandering about the place, stopping at each blastdoor to swipe their card / punch in a PIN.

I call it 'the Death Star'. There's something about the interior corridors that just has me imagining Darth Vader and storm-troopers wandering about the place, stopping at each blastdoor to swipe their card / punch in a PIN.

Unless they have Shhh doors

Archived