The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

3 hours ago, cowden0 said:

Storm just about cleared here in Limerick. Some really intense gusts over 100 mph, but by the time it reaches Scotland don't think it will do much damage. Experienced worse winds to be honest. No real rain either which I found strange plus it was warm. I was out a couple of times at its worst with only a t-shirt and shorts. A few big branches down around the hospital but that was about it.

22450161_10210765649165503_8108386925113051973_n.jpg

It flood season here, been out all day giving food to the flood victims, sleeping in tents on the higher ground. Not been this bad since 2011. Water level on my river 20 yards away is very high. Some houses up stream have already flooded. Not looking good:(

1 minute ago, Tynieness said:

Damn you Gravity, damn you.

Could also get @throbberround and see if we can shoot them off his head. 

Unlike Tell, we shall hopefully miss.

I was looking at bow/arrows in Decathlon the other day - daughter was nagging me to get her one. This William Tell scenario sounds good. 

Yes we try not ued the s. Only took me a few days as I'm thick a f**k.
Asked the daughter.
Say elephant and then if there was two, what would you say.
Elephant elephant was the answer. This was 9 year ago. f**k it I'm going with there Scottish Thai lingo now.

53 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Had a few apples blown down in the garden. Suppose they'll have to go in a crumble. Could have been worse. 

Surely they should all be picked by now?  We should have picked ours at the time we were on holiday resulting in 4 bags picked and about the same on the ground.

54 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Surely they should all be picked by now?  We should have picked ours at the time we were on holiday resulting in 4 bags picked and about the same on the ground.

In quite a gloomy spot so they're a bit behind. Mixed with some raspberries or brambles the missus and daughter make a mean crumble for Sunday lunch. 

Yes we try not ued the s. Only took me a few days as I'm thick a f**k.
Asked the daughter.
Say elephant and then if there was two, what would you say.
Elephant elephant was the answer. This was 9 year ago. f**k it I'm going with there Scottish Thai lingo now.

Anyone any ideas what slips is on about here? Something about elephants I gather.