McDonald walks

Binos promotion heroes Greig and Marc have resigned.

From BBC:

Manager Greig McDonald and assistant Marc McCulloch have left Stirling Albion with the Forthbank side bottom of Scottish League One.

Albion prop up the division on six points - three below Airdrieonians and five behind Stenhousemuir.

Last term, McDonald guided the Binos to promotion via the play-offs.

"They go with the best wishes of, and huge thanks from, everyone associated with SAFC," chairman Stuart Brown told the club's official website.

"Since stepping into their roles [in January 2012] they have given their all to bringing about (and delivering) change for the better, which didn't happen by chance but through sheer hard work behind the scenes that went way and beyond their contracted hours.

"The culmination of their efforts was the aforementioned Beautiful Sunday at Bayview [the play-off win against East Fife] and I would personally and publicly like to thank them both not just for that treasured memory but for everything they contributed to making that day possible.

"As in any business, there is no time to dwell and with that in mind, I spoke last night to our club captain, Darren Smith, who in turn has spoken with [defender] Ross Forsyth and I am pleased to be able to report that they have agreed to look after first-team affairs whilst the club executive addresses the appointment of a new manager."

Stirling Albion lost 4-0 at home to Stenhousemuir on Saturday.

Archived