Falkirk v Livi

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was horrific to watch. I ask anybody who claims to enjoy watching football to view a tape of that game and see if they still have the same opinion. McGlynn's hoofball tactics are chronic to watch, and that mixed in with a team with no confidence and very little ability is just a terrible mix.

It does sound like falkirk are going backwards with Houston in charge. Brining in folk like Maybury, Taiwo and Tudor Jones (all failures with Hibernian) having a negative effect perhaps?

The 0-0 game at Kirkcaldy was pretty poor viewing from both sides, but the difference between that side, and the side that hammered us 2-4 at the tail end of last season was like night and day.

I think the top three will pretty much stay that way for the majority of the season. The 4th spot really is up for grabs between the rest.

Absolutely woeful to watch. Sibbald as a holding midfielder with Will Vaulks pushing forward? Wisen up Houstie. The team have no shape whatsoever; look disfunctional at the back and even worse going forward.

What the f**k is our strongest 11? About 6 at a push deserve the jersey.

The apathy with Falkirks support is the highest level I have ever witnessed, I include myself in this, I couldn't give a shit what happens to Falkirk this season, never really felt like that for the 25 years I've been a season ticket holder. Totally lost interest

The apathy with Falkirks support is the highest level I have ever witnessed, I include myself in this, I couldn't give a shit what happens to Falkirk this season, never really felt like that for the 25 years I've been a season ticket holder. Totally lost interest

Exactly how I feel right now. Cowdenbeath at home on Saturday though. Let's make it right. BUZZING...

Ditto

Livingston were, without a doubt, the worst I've seen this season. The fact that we couldn't score against them is very very damning!

Smith and Cooper had some success on the flanks 1st half but were crossing to nobody as that's not Loy's game. When one had the ball the other should have been tucking in beside Loy in support but it didn't happen.

Loy needs someone with presence in beside him because his confidence is falling and if we lose him then we really are fucked! I don't think either Shepherd or Botti are ready and I'd actually try Vaulks in there on Saturday as I can't think of anyone else that would offer that presence. That would mean Tiawo having to take the midfield role though.

Really very little to look forward to as a Falkirk supporter at the moment!

Might be in the minority here (it would seem so) - but I will give Houston until Christmas until judging him fully. I think it is ridiculous people calling for him to go already - he has only been in the job for 16 games! The football on offer is grim, but Pressley in particular got away with murder for 3 fucking years (including 0-0 and 4-1 against Cowdenbeath, 3-0 down to Queen of the South at home at half time, inablilty to even challenge teams above us in the league eg. failing to win the easiest First Division in history when Dunfermline won it in 2011 when he had arguably the biggest budget in the league and Dundee going in admin.) Some nutters still backed him to the hilt until he left a couple of years ago.

If you look back at the 2012/13 season we had an awful start - I think we were sitting 8th at some point - we ended up finishing 3rd. A run of 3 or 4 wins can get you right up this league. If we were to go on a mini run of 3 wins or so people would stop complaining. Also have to bear in mind that obviously, it is a unique league this year.

I want Houston to be a success - I'm not saying he will be and if we are still playing the same way in January my point of view might be different- but calling for him to leave in October seems a little far.

We've conceded 16 goals in our last 6 games, Falkirk would have to be really shite not to score against us.

And there we have it.

Yep you were right.

Unbelievable that a couple of seasons ago both these teams were the best at passing the ball about in the league and now look at them. It was keepy uppy at times with the ball being kicked and headed in the air back and forward. Hoofball utd v Hoofball city.

First half Livi couldn't make 2 passes, in fact we could barely make one go to one of our players. Better 2nd half and even exerted a wee spell of pressure with several corners in a row and White just missing a tap in by inches. DJ made a few saves that kept us in it and our defending was shocking at times. Can see Queens putting 7 past us on Sat if we defend like that.

Story of the game. We had the ball and either passed to Falkirk or hoofed it upfield to Falkirk.

Falkirk took the ball, did not a lot with it and their finishing was woeful.

The referee blew for everything and booked a lot of players for not a lot in a game that wasn't dirty, I suppose he was just trying to keep the fans interested. At one point I heard a pin drop and I'm sure the old guy behind me fell asleep. Add into the fact that it was baltic and Falkirk charged £18 for me to watch that garbage summed up the evening.

Might be in the minority here (it would seem so) - but I will give Houston until Christmas until judging him fully. I think it is ridiculous people calling for him to go already - he has only been in the job for 16 games! The football on offer is grim, but Pressley in particular got away with murder for 3 fucking years (including 0-0 and 4-1 against Cowdenbeath, 3-0 down to Queen of the South at home at half time, inablilty to even challenge teams above us in the league eg. failing to win the easiest First Division in history when Dunfermline won it in 2011 when he had arguably the biggest budget in the league and Dundee going in admin.) Some nutters still backed him to the hilt until he left a couple of years ago.

If you look back at the 2012/13 season we had an awful start - I think we were sitting 8th at some point - we ended up finishing 3rd. A run of 3 or 4 wins can get you right up this league. If we were to go on a mini run of 3 wins or so people would stop complaining. Also have to bear in mind that obviously, it is a unique league this year.

I want Houston to be a success - I'm not saying he will be and if we are still playing the same way in January my point of view might be different- but calling for him to leave in October seems a little far.

Just because Pressley had some poor games doesn't mean our current manager should be given any longer.

Where do you genuinely believe we will win 3 or 4 games in a row? We've only won 2 league games all season.

Story of the game. We had the ball and either passed to Falkirk or hoofed it upfield to Falkirk.

Falkirk took the ball, did not a lot with it and their finishing was woeful.

The referee blew for everything and booked a lot of players for not a lot in a game that wasn't dirty, I suppose he was just trying to keep the fans interested. At one point I heard a pin drop and I'm sure the old guy behind me fell asleep. Add into the fact that it was baltic and Falkirk charged £18 for me to watch that garbage summed up the evening.

Yip, that kind of sums up the game for me apart from saying that neither team deserved the point they got.

It is still early, the fact we could've been 1 pt of the play offs if we won tonite is astounding. We were poor last season till Millar came in, tho we got the basics right pre Millar.

Its hard to defend Houstie other than his post match interviews tend to admit what we see, but nothing changes. His signings have been somewhat awful, I'd hoped OTJ an Smith would've kicked us in like Millar did but as it stands, they have weakened us. I hope I'm wrong,but smith has shown nothing to say he should be in the squad nevermind starting,he looked towards the bench a few times 60min on I'm sure to see when he is getting subbed. We are playing long balls where we have no aerial threat.

On the game, started brightly for about 3mins, then onwards it was horrible. We seem to be trying to make Vaulks a playmaker and although he has done better than OTJ, he isn't a playmaker. I got to the ground an heard smith maybury in the 11 read out and I could've turned around and went home. To be fair Maybury wasn't startling but he wasn't shy in telling the defence to grow a pair. Grant getting beat of Jordan white for pace as he was a yard or so in front is embarrassing. The formation was a weird fukn one, for me looked a 4-2-3-1 which in effect was horrible too many gaps which was proven later when we reverted to a more 4-4-2 later an created more. I personally don't think fancy formations matter in this league, more so when there is no fleuncy within the team, standard 4-4-2 will do for now please.

Livvy are the worst team I've seen this season, other than ourselves of course. They clearly came for a draw, time wasting in first half...really....then the keeper throwing the ball in the stand, then pleading his innocence...

I went to the game with, go on prove me wrong Falkirk and I have left with no you haven't. Bring a friend free for Saturday, really should be bring someone you hate if its anything like its been....

Have to say I've never seen a more boring game of football in year's, now I shouldn't be complaining as I had a wee freebie but the most excitement I had was walking out the stadium listening to the growls of Falkirk fans. On the evidence of that game the Five pounds I pay to watch Boness on a Saturday is tremendous value, I used to love my Saturdays at Brockville just for the atmosphere which is now sadly missing the board at Falkirk need to get the finger out and give the town a football team again but it was always about money with Falkirk then, and it seems that is still a problem. The board of directors have to realise fans will only pay money to support a club if they can see it is being used to improve the standard of the team, sadly at the moment this is not the case.

Archived