Falkirk v Livi

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My issues with Talbot playing at CB are that he's too short and that I can just see him making a rash tackle when he's the last man.

In principle I like the idea of O'Brien at CB but I don't think it would work, I just doubt he's got the ability. We do need a link between CB and CM though.

He is short but he wins a hell of a lot of headers, White on the other hand is about 6ft 5 and doesn't win many at all. One of the best players we had up front for winning headers was Derek Lilley, another short arse, Griffiths was quite good too and he isn't tall. Mind big One, he was actually smaller when he jumped than standing tall on the ground, he bent forward at a right angle when he jumped. Iirc both Talbots red cards last season was when playing LB, I think he's less likely to do a rash challenge as CB.

Our lack of aerial presence at set pieces has me thinking of McGeever, I just don't think him an McCracken is a goer or Grant who to me is old skool four directional type.

I dont think any of us could guess the starting 11, that's when you know you are in a struggle.

I think Shepherd may start tonite, don't think that's the answer as I feel Loy needs a striker up top to play with that doesn't drag himself wide but stays central, Botti best option but probably like Shepherd isn't ready to start.

Time will tell but I do feel there will be a surprise or two

Probably the worse team we've played this season and we couldn't even score against them. We are in bother. The fact that long throws into the box, playing for seconds, is our only threat at times is worrying

In a weird kind of way, we were probably unlucky not to win it. Had a few chances and good goalkeeping prevented us at times

If McGlynn wasn't such a negative boring manager, Livi could have beat us tonight. Instead he continues to be a cancer within football

Very unlucky battered them for last 15 ...absoloute stonewall penalty when Loy was through as well ..we weren't great but we're way too good for them...special mention for their disgusting hacking tactics. On the bright side it's the Fife welfare league team on Saturday so at least we know we will win that by our usual 4 or 5 and send their 40 fans back in tears again

Archived