Clueless Jim v Clueless Jim

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way we'll take anything from this is if Dunfermline approach the game with the same ridiculously stupid formation and game plan they had at Cappielow: the only team I've ever seen with less width than Duffy's Morton. They just left a ridiculous amount of space out wide for our midfield to move into, while the complete lack of an attacking threat out wide freed up whatever centre backs we had at full back that day to actually attack for once. I can't see Jefferies being that stupid again, so we'll have no attacking threat whatsoever and lose comfortably.

The only way we'll take anything from this is if Dunfermline approach the game with the same ridiculously stupid formation and game plan they had at Cappielow: the only team I've ever seen with less width than Duffy's Morton. They just left a ridiculous amount of space out wide for our midfield to move into, while the complete lack of an attacking threat out wide freed up whatever centre backs we had at full back that day to actually attack for once. I can't see Jefferies being that stupid again, so we'll have no attacking threat whatsoever and lose comfortably.

You underestimate how shit Jefferies is.

Jim Duffy will come good if given the chance, which he will be, fortunately.

9 league games and you want rid of him?! Mental stuff guys!

Well no, he won't because he's been a failure at every club he's been at. Which is why he was managing dross like Clude in league 2. The fact we appointed him still bemuses me to this day.

You should also learn to count.

Thanks goodness for the 'find content' feature whenever a suspicious, moronic poster crawls out of the woodwork.

On Douglas Rae's second-to-last public embarrassment (the last being, of course, the genuine selection of Jim Duffy as manager from his 'shortleet'):

Sorry, but Douglas Rae was talking sense from start to finish.
His comments were accurate, explicit and realistic.
Be careful what you wish for. Without Mr Rae, we would not be arguing about "who is to blame".
There would be no club to argue about.
He is perhaps a little tactless in suggesting the fans are to blame, but clearly his comments are bourne purely out of frustration as a fellow supporter.
He simply means that as the fan base decreases - for whatever reason - he has no option other than to cut his cloth as there is less money to spend.
If we earn less money in our jobs, we have less disposable income and have to cut back, that is all he is saying. Simple everyday economics.
He appointed McInally as he earned a great reputation developing the youths at Celtic, Moore had done well at Stirling Albion and Shiels was also welcomed by most of us as a good appointment.
Sometimes things just don't work out.
Time to get behind the boys with unstinting support - and we have a superb support on the whole, the envy of many a team - and do our best to lift them to higher echelons again, starting next season.
Of course we are all disappointed and distraught at the moment, but have faith, starting with a bit of recognition for the time, effort, money and constant support afforded by our chairman.

On Clueless Jim's appointment:

Great appointment!
Just wait and see.

My first choice was Billy Reid, second choice Jim Duffy.
I'm happy. You all will be too in due course.
He has respect, experience, contacts, know how.
Just wait and see.

Wish some of you guys would wake up and smell the coffee!
We are a flagging first division club, accept that.
Jim Duffy will be a stabilising influence, will ensure we add a bit of steel to the team, has a personal affection for Morton, will work his guts out to succeed and WILL be good for us. Get behind him and start to appreciate his many assets.
His discussion on Radio Clyde is always sensible and every day language unlike Kenny's psychobabble. The players will understand him and will be in no doubt what is expected of them. Duffy will bring in the right players and will get them playing for him.
I am very excited about the new season and can only see an upward curve ahead.
If Duffy had been appointed when he applied many years ago we would be in a far superior position today.
Mr Rae should be given credit for now realising he made a mistake and being man enough to rectify it.
He also deserves great appreciation for continuing to bank roll full time football in the 3rd tier.
I can only see positives and give me Jim Duffy over for example Stephen Aitken any day if the week.
'mon the 'ton.

Jim Duffy will come good if given the chance, which he will be, fortunately.
9 league games and you want rid of him?! Mental stuff guys!

30wv481.jpg

Archived