How much do you care about the SPL?

Genuinely interested in the thoughts of others. I've found my interest in Scotland's top league almost non-existent this year following the Jam Tarts relegation. If Hibs had stayed up I expect I would have had more of an eye on it, but I'm really not keeping track of the goings on. I expect many other Hearts fans and Hibs fans might be in the same boat and interested in their views, but what about others too? Do you look at the SPL table regularly? Do you care?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely interested in the thoughts of others. I've found my interest in Scotland's top league almost non-existent this year following the Jam Tarts relegation. If Hibs had stayed up I expect I would have had more of an eye on it, but I'm really not keeping track of the goings on. I expect many other Hearts fans and Hibs fans might be in the same boat and interested in their views, but what about others too? Do you look at the SPL table regularly? Do you care?

I'm not gonnae lie, I usually follow what's happening in it but this year all I could tell you is Hamilton are top. Usually i'll watch a game if it's on TV and nothing else is on though.

I think I'm particularly surprised at my apathy given I found it so mind-numbingly dull when the OF were winning it every year and although I'm sure Celtic will ultimately win it again this year, it looks pretty good at the moment.

I guess you aren't interested or you would get the name right.

As a Falkirk fan it became a bit of an obsession to get in there.

From our relegation in 96 we came so close many times and seemed destined to never make it up.

In 2005 when we were finally promoted, I'm not gonnae lie I partied hard.

Our 1st goal up there was celebrated like a lottery win.

Our 1st few seasons were pretty great, but after a while it became tedious.

When we were relegated in 2010 it was almost a relief.

I remember telling County fans on here that their excitement at rising through the Scottish football ranks to the top tier would wear off soon.

I didn't expect them to stop caring after 1 season.

To answer the original question. I stopped caring about the SPL when we were in the league.

I care a lot less now we aren't in it.

Minor interest only. I watch Sportscene on a Sunday sometimes and am happiest whenever a non-Glasgow team (excapt Thistle) are at the top of the league. Especially enjoying it right now as one of the relegation candidates is 4 pts clear as it stands.

But in a word - naw.

We have a real challenging league this year (the Sons, that is). It's much more exciting thatn the top league.

After Rangers died, I became more interested than since I was a wean, although the interest tapers around the time that it becomes obvious that it's another win for Celtic. This season's been great so far, and has partially demonstrated why a single big team in a league will eventually be challenged by the others. For me, the worst thing that could happen is a return to the old duopoly, where one team covers for another's periods of torpor.

Thanks to the return of the play-offs, last season was also the most memorable relegation fight I can think of. Imagine how dull Hearts' inevitable relegation would've made the season if only the bottom team had been in danger of going down.

In short, Scottish football's been getting more and more interesting in the past three seasons. It'll be heartbreaking if it doesn't continue.

No interest considering it doesn't exist anymore.

It's a fair point to make when referring to the leagues' governing bodies, but a wee bit pedantic when we're talking about the top division itself, no?

Let's all agree to refer to them as Tiers 1-4; bollocks to the SuperScottishHyperSexyUltimoLeague, the bean counters can call it what they want.

No interest in the Premier League at the moment as Rangers aren't in it. I do the Predictor league so I generally check the league table every now and then to get an idea as to what predictions to make but that's about it. I've only posted in two Premiership threads since Rangers exited. One was to comment on my surprise that Butcher took the Hibs job when his stock was high enough to get a good job in England instead and the other thread was regarding standing zones at stadiums. I suppose the two subjects are linked to Rangers hence my comment but I'm far more concerned with the Championship right now.

Over the last few years Rangers fans were slaughtered on here for saying that they had little interest in the SPL (or whatever it's called now), with claims of " you lot are pure jealous m aww rat".

You tend to concentrate on the league that you are playing in, other leagues are all a bit meh. Quite a few changes of opinion in this thread too.

Archived