The West Coast or The East Coast...

The west coast or the east coast...  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

East coast:

Pros - Sun, better fish n' chips (from the chipper), nae midges.

Cons - Less scenic, baltic with an easterly wind

West coast:

Pros - Scenery, islands, usually a bit warmer

Cons - constant rain, midge apocalypse.

All depends on what different people view scenery as though. Numerous people would rather have a Colin Prior photo of St Cyrus in their living room than his dramatic Five Sisters for example.

East has a great variety of landscapes from cracking extensive sandy beaches to rugged cliffs of all colours etc whilst the west can be very 'samey'.

All this said, the west coast along the Highlands is far more dramatic and probably pips it visually. Unlike the east coast, the more boring bits of the west have things to look at offshore such as Arran or Ailsa Craig.

Once you take in the enjoyment factor with regards to the weather and midges however, I'd rather be on the east coast most days of the year. I'd much rather have a dry day with a cold breeze than a mild soggy one.

Currently writing this at Denny btw - am I east or west??!

West is best for scenery although i prefer Edinburgh to all of scotland
around edinburgh is where most e coast people live, east is far prettier especially up fife way. Need to travel a bit from Glasgow to get nice west coast

From kilmarnock , exiled in Edinburgh

Why East Coast v West Coast?

Scotland is beautiful. All of us that live here are very lucky indeed.

Perthshire, Stirlingshire, up through the Trossachs to the Highlands taking in places such as Callender, Killin, Aberfeldy, Dunkeld, Pitlochry. Braemar, Ballater, Aviemore, Grantown on Spey.

I could go on and on. I believe some parts of the borders are nice too. Or so I've been told anyway.

:)

Why East Coast v West Coast?

Scotland is beautiful. All of us that live here are very lucky indeed.

Perthshire, Stirlingshire, up through the Trossachs to the Highlands taking in places such as Callender, Killin, Aberfeldy, Dunkeld, Pitlochry. Braemar, Ballater, Aviemore, Grantown on Spey.

I could go on and on. I believe some parts of the borders are nice too. Or so I've been told anyway.

:)

There really is no need for this kind of rational pish. Get tae!

If we're putting aside shitey debates about the pros and cons of east and west coast towns and cities and its residents and talking about the actual drive up and down each coast, it's a tricky one as the west coast has the best and worst of Scotland.

Everything south of Glasgow is shite, whereas the drive up the west coast up to Skye is the most scenic drive in Scotland. All in all west coast wins.

If we're putting aside shitey debates about the pros and cons of east and west coast towns and cities and its residents and talking about the actual drive up and down each coast, it's a tricky one as the west coast has the best and worst of Scotland.

Everything south of Glasgow is shite, whereas the drive up the west coast up to Skye is the most scenic drive in Scotland. All in all west coast wins.

Dumfries and Galloway is actually beautiful in places, I only noticed it this summer (taking away the shitty towns).

Dunes up by Aberdeen are decent, Broughty Ferry is nice and the East Coast Mainline has good views north of Berwick.

But the West Coast is one of the nicest places in the world, the tourism industry reflects this. Some of the islands could be in the Caribbean on a sunny day with their white beaches, rugged mountains and shit.

All all Scotland is a fucking beautiful place to be enjoyed and appreciated, gotta get out the city sometimes.

Archived