Brechin v Stranraer

We've today signed Ewan McNeil, so I'd be surprised if there were any further bodies coming in regardless of injuries.

Another defender as we put one out on loan - no ill to the boy but we are more in need of shoring up the midfield or getting a striker in.

Is this the guy who we were to get as a trialist or do we have someone else in mind?

Riorden it is then - he was at Alloa last year; just a guess.

Yeh it's Riordan, has been training with club for a few weeks now and after a pretty good training sesion on Thursday night i think he was asked to play as a trialist today, doubt he will start game but you never no.

How is the weather going to be in Brechin today.

He was just unlucky at Alloa in that he picked up a injury soon after he signed and didn't fully recover from it until the end of last season but did show glimpses of his old self when he did play, think he just needs to get some games under his belt to get him up to match fitness.

Yeh it's Riordan, has been training with club for a few weeks now and after a pretty good training sesion on Thursday night i think he was asked to play as a trialist today, doubt he will start game but you never no.

How is the weather going to be in Brechin today.

He was just unlucky at Alloa in that he picked up a injury soon after he signed and didn't fully recover from it until the end of last season but did show glimpses of his old self when he did play, think he just needs to get some games under his belt to get him up to match fitness.

Blue sky, little wind and the carties are ready for the off.

utter rubbish. Stranraer had a good work ethic and scored two goals from cross's that could have been prevented.

The new guy at right back - nae any better than anything we have and riorden never got much chance. We created litel in attack and always looked shacky at the back. Barr and Thomson are prob the only pass marks,

Jackson looks all over the place, Masson for being with a full time team kept making poor decisions and poor passing. Gerry was no much use either.

we could argue about a hand ball against stranraer late on but in fariness we got out of the game what our performance deserved. I do not agree with the over critical shouts at our players but the meaning had value.

Decisions being made by McKinnon are not working in terms of signings, slections and or substitutions - his time may be running out.

Last year we had injuries, the year before we had snow - what will the excuss be this - more injuries I suspect.

The only bright spot for us was our goal - well wroked but this was it. I did hear someone say the game at Airdire was worse, if this is the case I better get the road map out for MOntrose, East Stirling etc...

utter rubbish. Stranraer had a good work ethic and scored two goals from cross's that could have been prevented.

The new guy at right back - nae any better than anything we have and riorden never got much chance. We created litel in attack and always looked shacky at the back. Barr and Thomson are prob the only pass marks,

Jackson looks all over the place, Masson for being with a full time team kept making poor decisions and poor passing. Gerry was no much use either.

we could argue about a hand ball against stranraer late on but in fariness we got out of the game what our performance deserved. I do not agree with the over critical shouts at our players but the meaning had value.

Decisions being made by McKinnon are not working in terms of signings, slections and or substitutions - his time may be running out.

Last year we had injuries, the year before we had snow - what will the excuss be this - more injuries I suspect.

The only bright spot for us was our goal - well wroked but this was it. I did hear someone say the game at Airdire was worse, if this is the case I better get the road map out for MOntrose, East Stirling etc...

Yes that was 100% better than last week believe it or not.

Looks like it at the moment. Hopefully we can turn the corner and get back to the way we played against Morton. Hard to believe that was only 2 weeks ago

I believe the rot set in against Ayr utd, unbeaten in the league and playing well until an hr into that game and then first red card of season upsets team then we get hit with injuries and now have 4 defeats outta 5 .....Can t speak on today's game but anything would be better than last week (Sunderland lost 8 0 today and Prob still played better than we did at Airdrie )...give Derek Riordon a few games and he ll score goals and hopefully this is just our wee bad spell that every team goes through.... Not overly worried about management yet but it's a results business unfortunately.....

Not a great performance from us today, but a great three points as we shrugged off last weekend's disappointment at Livingston. Wasn't much football in the game, but as one of the Brechin fans commented we showed a good work ethic. The two goals were very similar; well-directed headed efforts from good crosses. We also hit the woodwork twice - in the case of Winter a placed shot which came smacking back off the face of the post.

I'll settle for that, and for the fact that we have crept into the top half for the first time this season, with a game in hand, and in spite of a long list of injuries. Nice to see Stevy Bell on the bench today, even if it seems he is still some way from fitness.

We don't win all that often at Brechin, but that's now two in a row following our 3-1 win in Spring. I said it then and will say it again - I've always thought of Brechin as a very well run part-time club on and off the pitch. But on the pitch McKinnon has very much changed their emphasis to the physical, hence their disciplinary record last season. I'm not that convinced he's what you're looking for.

How Brechin can claim there was more than 400 people in attendance is beyond me.

I think they count season tickets much like Celtic and The Rangers . A more realistic figure would have been closer to the 250 - 300 mark.

The cartie racing drew the biggest crowd in the City yesterday . Much more entertaining than the drivel served up at the glebe !

Archived