Morton v Ayr

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was an embarrassing performance today. We have absolutely no width in our team whatsoever playing 4 centre mids in a midfield four :lol: Reece Hands offers absolutely nothing and shouldn't start a game again. We constantly play long balls up to Barrowman as well who doesn't win anything in the air yet we keep doing it. Bringing Lamie on at the end for Crawford just about sums up how clueless Jim Duffy is - TTG.

We've got the best defence in the division, even with Murphy playing in obvious difficulty with his shoulder. No surprise that we get back to winning ways with that back 4 fully restored. Looked better with 2 up front for a change. Beattie and McGovern had their best games I've seen them play. Looking forward to seeing the highlights-looked a clear penalty on Donald, though McKinlay was very lucky to avoid a 2nd yellow.

Ive got a bit of a beamer for u after your teams performance today Coppiecat, embarrassed for u son. Vikington how yous could have been doing with someone with a bit of bite and presence on your side the day!!! Aye yous ken ur stuff lads eh hahahaha

1-0 flattered us, same as at Somerset. Ayr were far more comfortable than the scoreline suggested. I could go into detail dissecting everything that's wrong with Duffy's tactics but the post would be longer than War and Peace and I can't be arsed. Suffice to say he is absolutely clueless and he is position is completely untenable. Get him out now before we're too far from fourth for a new manager to turn it round.

We've got the best defence in the division

Steady now. Although there is no doubting we are much better with our only four actual defenders being able to complete ninety minutes.

Dunfermline, statistically, have by far the best defence in the league and probably in practice too. It's hard to consider anything else.

As I say, that back 4, when available to play, are better than anything I've seen in that division. Devlin is probably the best full back we've had since the days of Lovering and Robertson. Still no idea why Murphy is playing at that level- pure class. Having spent the afternoon watching a half fit Craig Beattie boss the Morton defence, we can surely at least agree that Morton do not have the best back 4 in the division.

An all too familiar script today.

Ayr wasted heaps of time after the goal but really needn't have - we were never in danger of scoring. Hands was poor, Pepper was not his usual self and our play in general was messy (not Messi).

Once we had the shot headed off the line, it was just a case of seeing if Ayr would pick us off on the break or would it stay 1-0.

Given we've beaten more impressive sides this season, today's effort was very disappointing.

Taken Morton as well today, every time I've put Ayr on in the last 3 years we've lost so hoping its a good omen.

Same with your attendance at matches too Marko

no shock that we have turned it around the moment you don't attend again forgot about that when i made my earlier prediction

should be an internet fan who doesnt bet on us

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I was right in line and, without any view of highlights, I was pretty sure the offsite goal was the correct decision. I saw he was half a yard offside and was watching waiting for the sound of the pass.

Penalty - thought Donald was looking for it a bit and the ball wasn't remotely under control so, although by the letter of the law it should have been a pen, I was not too surprised not to see it given. It was consistent with the refs whole game - he let a awful lot go. McKinlay probably did deserve a second yellow but would have been harsh given what had passed without cards. Amazing Morton went through the game without a single booking as thought they were pretty cynical.

Overall Ayr deserved it, although Morton were very wasteful and probably had the slightly better chances but if you don't take 'em....

Enjoyable game, could easily have been two or three more goals.

Archived