• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iran

Georgia

Transnistria

Croatia

Venezuela

Other than Angel Falls I wouldn't bother with Venezuela. I spent 5 weeks travelling round the entire Country back in '02.

Disappointing overal.

Other than Angel Falls I wouldn't bother with Venezuela. I spent 5 weeks travelling round the entire Country back in '02.

Disappointing overal.

Wasn't that the time of an international emergency there? Chavez nearly being ousted?

My pal's brother has worked/lived there since 1996 and he was sent home as it was deemed unsafe.

Wasn't that the time of an international emergency there? Chavez nearly being ousted?

My pal's brother has worked/lived there since 1996 and he was sent home as it was deemed unsafe.

There was protests at the time but I never saw any trouble. I'm not sure why I didn't rate it that much......possibly because I always wanted to go there but the bar was set too high by South Africa the previous year.

What was your pal's brother doing there? Oil industry at Marricaibo?

Europa (the moon)

North Korea

Scandinavia

Mount Everest

Eastern Russia

My Aunt & Uncle just did the trans Siberian rail trip......looked amazing taking in Mongolia & China too.

Another Uncle was a climber in the Alpine Club back in the 70/80's & climbed various uncharted mountains in the Himalyas......again awesome pics!

I went there on holiday a few years back, to Boa Vista. There wasn't much there but that's the appeal, and some of the beaches are just breathtaking.

I'd second this.

However, the reps there reckoned it would end up like Canary Islands in 5-10 years time. Where I stayed (Riu Touareg on Boa Vista) was completely isolated but the land on either side had been bought for development, which is a great pity. As Zetterland says, much of the beauty is the fact there's nothing there.

I'd recommend going as soon as possible before the experience is ruined.

1. Antartica

2. Hindu Kush

3 .Azerbaijan or anything around that area i would like to walk the old silk/spice routes

4. Greenland

5. Labrador

I dont really like the heat

Best steer clear of your kitchen then.

:)

If i won the euromillions which I'm assuming will happen tonight i would spend about 2 years travelling Canada, USA and all of South America. I don't think theres one specific place i would like to see in the world over the other but i think NYC would be my first port of call.

1) USA/Canada (would love to somehow be able to have the time and money to travel around both)

2) Japan

3) Denmark/Norway/Sweden

4) Austria

5) New Zealand (mental as I've already been, but the idea of going back when I'm an old man and travelling around the places I went as a 23/24 year old in my first time living abroad sounds amazing and totes emosh)

I know that's 8 countries in total but YOLO. The real number one would be The Republic of Scotland though.

1 - USA/Canada (been to Florida twice but would love to travel around both)

2 - Australia

3 - Japan

4.- New Zealand

5 - Mexico

1) USA/Canada (would love to somehow be able to have the time and money to travel around both)

2) Japan

3) Denmark/Norway/Sweden

4) Austria

5) New Zealand (mental as I've already been, but the idea of going back when I'm an old man and travelling around the places I went as a 23/24 year old in my first time living abroad sounds amazing and totes emosh)

I know that's 8 countries in total but YOLO. The real number one would be The Republic of Scotland though.

I've been to USA, Denmark, Sweden and Austria mate already. 8)

Archived