Stirling Albion v Stenhousemuir

It's a vital game for both clubs and to be honest it's not one I'm really looking forward to. If we loose then our season really does become an uphill struggle from tomorrow night onwards.

It's easy to say that we're meeting people's pre-season expectations by sitting at the foot of the table and that's maybe so. We knew it was going to be a tough season and it became tougher when we lost Jordan White, however we've still got a few decent players who have been successful at this level with other clubs who are just not doing it.

To me, our poor start is down to the manager. I've said it before but we've got a squad of similar players and we lack width,pace and creativity. It's something which should of been addressed in the summer but wasn't and it's cost us. If it's not rectified soon then it should cost him his job and failure to pick up a minimum of 4 points over the next 2 games could see things getting a little ugly for McDonald.

By all accounts Stenny have been pretty woeful this season, however you can't read too much into our previous scoreline as I suspect that was a freak result that comes about every now and again. Tomorrow is a new day and it's sure to be an interesting one.

Agree with a lot of your comments, the squad does lack pace and it was up to the manager to address this in the Summer but it was not done. McDonald has been in the job nearly 3 years and he should have figured this out but he did not.

Personally I would like to get 6 points over the next 2 homes games but I hope we can beat Stenny and get at least a point against an improving Airdrieonians side. Anything less would be a disaster for the team and in particular Greg McDonald. We need to get the players confidence up and a win over Stenny will do that imo.

Plus remember after the 2 home games we face a tricky tie at Hurlford and if the team goes into this game with a lack of confidence we could end up with egg on faces, as believe me Hurlford will be up to it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with a lot of your comments, the squad does lack pace and it was up to the manager to address this in the Summer but it was not done. McDonald has been in the job nearly 3 years and he should have figured this out but he did not.

Personally I would like to get 6 points over the next 2 homes games but I hope we can beat Stenny and get at least a point against an improving Airdrieonians side. Anything less would be a disaster for the team and in particular Greg McDonald. We need to get the players confidence up and a win over Stenny will do that imo.

Plus remember after the 2 home games we face a tricky tie at Hurlford and if the team goes into this game with a lack of confidence we could end up with egg on faces, as believe me Hurlford will be up to it.

A wee greenie for finally working out how to use the Quote function correctly. It's an emotional day.

Can't say I'm as confident as you, reckon we'll draw this one

If we can`t beat Stenny today, then we don`t deserve to be in this league. Its time for the players to stand up and get our 1st home win of the season. I`ll quite happy settle for a scrappy 1-0 victory today but we MUST WIN. Anything less than a victory today and the knives will be out to get rid of McDonald.

Utter shambles today at Forthbank, soundly beaten 4-0 with a man sent off.

Message for the Albion Board TAXI FOR GREG McDONALD NOW PLEASE !

Bound foe League 2 next season unless we can pull off a miracle.

Off to the ice hockey this evening so will post something more in-depth tomorrow but Stirling Albion were dreadful today and it'll take something spectacular to stop them from finishing bottom of the table this year. Stenhousemuir looked pretty handy on a couple of occasions but it was just too easy for them. The 4-0 score-line did not flatter them one bit.

Massive shouts to Callum Reidford for his hand in the third goal today and for his subsequent "up yours" gesture to the home support after making a decent save at the end.

Off to the ice hockey this evening so will post something more in-depth tomorrow but Stirling Albion were dreadful today and it'll take something spectacular to stop them from finishing bottom of the table this year. Stenhousemuir looked pretty handy on a couple of occasions but it was just too easy for them. The 4-0 score-line did not flatter them one bit.

Massive shouts to Callum Reidford for his hand in the third goal today and for his subsequent "up yours" gesture to the home support after making a decent save at the end.

Managment team have resigned .

Stirling were very, very poor today. Fleming didn't have a save to make and we created many more chances than what we converted.

The single goal lead at half time didn't do us justice as we missed 2 or 3 glaring chances.

Some of our play today was excellent. Each of our players would get pass marks. Great to see Eddington get game time - by all accounts he's done well in U20s games.

The officials were atrocious today. Some ridiculous decisions for both team, by far the worst team of officials I've seen!

Great 3 points today but we need to build on this. Anything less than a victory at home to Peterhead next week ruins all the good done today.

Nice guy but sometimes nice guys dont get u results

Danny Lennon

Jim Weir

James Ward

Poor playing squad to work with

Not surprised he has gone after todays result. Whover comes in will have the same squad of "poor" players though. It will be interesting to see how that works out. Sometimes a new manager can breathe life into poorly performing players, a lot of it is to do with confidence. Not that I agree they are poor, lots of talented young players to work with.

Not surprised he has gone after todays result. Whover comes in will have the same squad of "poor" players though. It will be interesting to see how that works out. Sometimes a new manager can breathe life into poorly performing players, a lot of it is to do with confidence. Not that I agree they are poor, lots of talented young players to work with.

It was not the result that ended Greig's time, but rather the performance, a local amateur side could have taken 4 goals of us today. Without being too rude Stenny were the poorest side to visit so far this season and while the result will gave been good for their morale they only have marginally less to be despondent about than we do.

No doubt there will be a number of names in the hat now, I only hope that the next appointment is more carefully considered than the last two.

Archived