Stirling Albion v Stenhousemuir

Local derby this Saturday at Forthbank made even more intense due to the position of both teams in League 1.

The Albion are bottom of the League 2 points behind Stenhousemuir and a victory will lift them off the bottom.

Already this early in the season its a MUST win game for the Albion who have yet to record a home win this season. Only 1 point gained at home against Forfar and this situation must improve if we are to survive in League 1.

I have said it many times this season our defence must improve if we are to survive and I hope on Saturday it will step up to the mark and keep a clean sheet. We managed it foe 80 minutes against Dunfermline before letting the visitors in. Also we need to find our goal scoring boots as we have not scored in our last 3 games. Its going to be a difficult game against Stenny who will fight hard to get at least a point against us and keep their 2 point cushion.

We need our players to step up to the mark this Saturday and give us 100 percent anything less will not do.

Can the Albion do it on Saturday I think we can but it will not be a pretty game to watch imo but its not about performance, its about getting a result this Saturday.

Prediction Stirling Albion 1 Stenhousemuir 0 :thumsup2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Already had three 2-0 defeats in a row, may as well keep that record going

Surely not against a team that has failed to score away from home this season, our defence will rise to the challenge, then again you never know

Could Binos be doing any better with their squad? Think most people would have had them down as 10th before a ball was kicked.

We should be scoring more goals, Doris and Smith should be more than capable at scoring goals at this level

Could Binos be doing any better with their squad? Think most people would have had them down as 10th before a ball was kicked.

Probably not, no.

Surely the blame then lies at the managers door for either not improving his squad adequately enough after promotion or not being experienced enough at this level? (This goes for Booth and McDonald)

It's a vital game for both clubs and to be honest it's not one I'm really looking forward to. If we loose then our season really does become an uphill struggle from tomorrow night onwards.

It's easy to say that we're meeting people's pre-season expectations by sitting at the foot of the table and that's maybe so. We knew it was going to be a tough season and it became tougher when we lost Jordan White, however we've still got a few decent players who have been successful at this level with other clubs who are just not doing it.

To me, our poor start is down to the manager. I've said it before but we've got a squad of similar players and we lack width,pace and creativity. It's something which should of been addressed in the summer but wasn't and it's cost us. If it's not rectified soon then it should cost him his job and failure to pick up a minimum of 4 points over the next 2 games could see things getting a little ugly for McDonald.

By all accounts Stenny have been pretty woeful this season, however you can't read too much into our previous scoreline as I suspect that was a freak result that comes about every now and again. Tomorrow is a new day and it's sure to be an interesting one.

Probably not, no.

Surely the blame then lies at the managers door for either not improving his squad adequately enough after promotion or not being experienced enough at this level? (This goes for Booth and McDonald)

How does that work? Surely if they couldn't be doing any better with the squad then you can't blame the manager? Presumably he brought in the best he could with his modest budget?

Archived