Stirling Albion v Stenhousemuir

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was not the result that ended Greig's time, but rather the performance, a local amateur side could have taken 4 goals of us today. Without being too rude Stenny were the poorest side to visit so far this season and while the result will gave been good for their morale they only have marginally less to be despondent about than we do.

No doubt there will be a number of names in the hat now, I only hope that the next appointment is more carefully considered than the last two.

All the other sides you've faced this season must have looked like 1970s Brazil and Barcelona of 2011 because Stenhousemuir played you off the park yesterday. The Warriors (as they've tended to do all season) struggled a bit with set-pieces but other than that, it was nothing more than a nice autumn stroll for them.

The first away win of the season was smashing but I don't think we can take too much from it, given how poor the opposition were. Some players stood out though: Gary Oliver was the man of the match, scoring two and setting up one; Robbie Duncan looked far better at right-back than Ross Meechan ever has; and Kris Faulds looked good in the middle of the pitch (although when you're four-up against a bunch of jobbers, it's pretty easy to).

Big game next week at home to Peterhead who area far more streetwise proposition. A win against them and you're taking some good form into the match with Airdrieonians. Two wins and you can maybe think about moving up the table but let's not get carried away just yet.

Meant f**k all but the refs decision when the stenny goalkeeper caught the ball a yard outside the box was funny, blame the assistant more who was looking directly at it

The exact same moments later when Reidford done it too. Officials yesterday were the worst I've ever seen!

The exact same moments later when Reidford done it too. Officials yesterday were the worst I've ever seen!

I didn`t think Reidford`s was quite as obvious as the Stenny goalkeepers, may have just stepped over the line. Agreed with your comments about the officials yesterday not to good.

All the other sides you've faced this season must have looked like 1970s Brazil and Barcelona of 2011 because Stenhousemuir played you off the park yesterday. The Warriors (as they've tended to do all season) struggled a bit with set-pieces but other than that, it was nothing more than a nice autumn stroll for them.

The first away win of the season was smashing but I don't think we can take too much from it, given how poor the opposition were. Some players stood out though: Gary Oliver was the man of the match, scoring two and setting up one; Robbie Duncan looked far better at right-back than Ross Meechan ever has; and Kris Faulds looked good in the middle of the pitch (although when you're four-up against a bunch of jobbers, it's pretty easy to).

Big game next week at home to Peterhead who area far more streetwise proposition. A win against them and you're taking some good form into the match with Airdrieonians. Two wins and you can maybe think about moving up the table but let's not get carried away just yet.

I agree that we didn't give you a game yesterday, but we haven't given any visitor to Forthbank a game this season. Of the sides that have taken us to the cleaners Stenny on the day were the least good. But when the opposition doesn't turn up you don't need to play well.

Archived