Peterhead vs Airdreonians

I think it is crucial to get a positive result here to move away from the bottom two. Its a long trip, but hopefully the team can put on as good a performance as last week. 2-1 to the Diamonds, McAllister scoring first for the Blue Toon, then a ripper from Blockley and a tap in from Lister.

We've a run of games coming up from which we need to take a minimum of 7 points from 9. And this is the one in which I think we'd take a draw.

If we play like we did last week then I've no reason to believe that we cant take maximum points though, and that would pile pressure on Stenny and Stirling.

Not sure on the situation with Proctor but in my mind he's been fairly gash since his return so I'd not be disappointed if he didn't start. If Prunty is fit, I think he'll start with Parker coming on for the last 20 or so.

Looking forward to what is bound to be a very drunken away day.

A draw was probably fair enough. Airdrie had the better chances in the first half and Peterhead pushed for a winner in the second half with the Airdrie keeper pulling off some great saves. The penalty was very soft with a few other challenges looking more like penalties but were not given. With so many players missing through injury and suspensions (including Twitter ones) we should be happy enough not to have lost this game. Airdrie have improved since we played them earlier in the season and will beat most of the other teams in this league. Both teams will finish mid-table.

A draw was probably fair enough. Airdrie had the better chances in the first half and Peterhead pushed for a winner in the second half with the Airdrie keeper pulling off some great saves. The penalty was very soft with a few other challenges looking more like penalties but were not given. With so many players missing through injury and suspensions (including Twitter ones) we should be happy enough not to have lost this game. Airdrie have improved since we played them earlier in the season and will beat most of the other teams in this league. Both teams will finish mid-table.

I thought a draw was about right too. We should have capitalised on our possession in the first half, but looked a different team in the second. Peterhead were pretty dominant in the second half and we attempted to hit on the break. Out 'keeper had a few great saves which should give him some confidence.

Had we won it at the death, when we had a short spell of pressure in the Peterhead box, it would have felt like stealing three points.

Our midfield is a worry. Too often we completely bypassed the midfield and hit a long ball. Blockley was never really involved apart from tackling when Peterhead had the ball.

Rory McAllister looks a shadow of the player he once was. Our defense handled him pretty well.

As I said in an earlier post, taking a point here would not be a bad result. The next two matches present a different prospect where surely 6 points from 6 is the requirement.

#TerrificKeiganParker A point is a decent result. Good to see John Boyle back in the team too even if he didn't come off the bench. Thought that he might have been out till around Christmas time, or that he might have even had to pack it in, so it's nice to know that he's back fit.

Archived