Airdrie v Brechin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's probably the best we've played under Bollan, and I don't think I'm exaggerating in saying that.

We had no failures in the team and never looked under any pressure at all. Even the 'keeper looked solid. My MOM though was young Chris O'Neil who had a rock solid game. Watt and Blockley also had good games.

Brechin on the other hand looked utter dross. Their defense was an absolute shambles and they offered very little going forward.

I hope that's us turned the corner. I've said on previous threads that we've not played too badly most weeks but lacked creativity and confidence. The young lad Fraser from Dundee Utd looks like he could address that.

Worst performance in 30 odd years of following City!! Not one player looked interested Fusco just gave away needless fouls whole game and just not done it since returning.... Right back Mckluskey is absolutely mince ! Get Gerry back to centre half and Paul Maclean right Back? Bobbys Barrs been playing well so why did nt we get the ball out to him ! Ferguson brings nothing to the game been better bringing on Cameron for injured Trouten ! Even Graeme Smith looked shaky with 2 goals !!Airdrie as did Forfar 2 weeks ago looked far better than us.

You d almost think City players had 4 0 Airdrie at the bookies it was that pathetic doubt if Airdrie ll have an easier game this century....I looked over at bench at 3 0 and Darren Taylor was standing laughing .... That got my dander up !! We had a decent following yesterday and to not even try or put in any effort absolutely stinks ?After playing so well last week as well !

Worst performance in 30 odd years of following City!! Not one player looked interested Fusco just gave away needless fouls whole game and just not done it since returning.... Right back Mckluskey is absolutely mince ! Get Gerry back to centre half and Paul Maclean right Back? Bobbys Barrs been playing well so why did nt we get the ball out to him ! Ferguson brings nothing to the game been better bringing on Cameron for injured Trouten ! Even Graeme Smith looked shaky with 2 goals !!Airdrie as did Forfar 2 weeks ago looked far better than us.

You d almost think City players had 4 0 Airdrie at the bookies it was that pathetic doubt if Airdrie ll have an easier game this century....I looked over at bench at 3 0 and Darren Taylor was standing laughing .... That got my dander up !! We had a decent following yesterday and to not even try or put in any effort absolutely stinks ?After playing so well last week as well !

Only one word can describe that performance - pathetic. Not one player turned up and the defence was an absolute shambles.

Shame a good away support was rewarded with that guff.

Utter shambles today. Club should offer free travel to Stenny for the cup match as an apology to all those who were there today.

Thankfully not . That is possibly as bad as I have seen a Brechin team play in the 40 or so years I have supported them .

And you all still back McKinnon??? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Thanks again to Gary and the staff at the pool hall for their excellent pre match hospitality. Much appreciated by our busload.

The only thing worthy of a mention from a Brechin perspective yesterday.

And the staff appreciated your generosity.

I looked over at bench at 3 0 and Darren Taylor was standing laughingThat got my dander up !!

Both McKinnon and Taylor were just standing sipping away at their cups of tea for the first 10 minutes of the second half which irked me somewhat.

I'm still behind McKinnon. Yesterday was truly awful but we're not as bad as that every week. Last week we beat a full time side comfortably and a few weeks prior to that we won 5-0 away from home! Players have got to take some of the responsibility, not one turned up yesterday. Just wish we could have some consistency, get the impression we will be blow hot and cold for the rest of the season.

Agreed about the pool club - excellent hospitality yet again.

There were a couple of boys at the end of the bar, close to the doors who, every time I looked round were necking shots. Bet they didn't see much of the game, probably for the best!

Thankfully not . That is possibly as bad as I have seen a Brechin team play in the 40 or so years I have supported them .

Season 1973-74, Airdrie 8 Brechin 0, just about falls within that period, remember being at that game, Sandy Clarke took the pure piss out of the Brechin defence

Both McKinnon and Taylor were just standing sipping away at their cups of tea for the first 10 minutes of the second half which irked me somewhat.

I'm still behind McKinnon. Yesterday was truly awful but we're not as bad as that every week. Last week we beat a full time side comfortably and a few weeks prior to that we won 5-0 away from home! Players have got to take some of the responsibility, not one turned up yesterday. Just wish we could have some consistency, get the impression we will be blow hot and cold for the rest of the season.

Ye I m happy with manager too ! Apart from McCluskey our right back and Ferguson I m happy enough with squad ! Fusco s needing a rocket and Jacko s needing to put in some hard work at training I'd say to get back his touch n fitness etc....But I m not exaggerating when I say worst performance I ve seen in 30 odd years, we ve lost by bigger margins but always shown a bit o fight....We re obviously missing Molloy and Tapping and I d say Greg Cameron as well the rot started after his sending off against Ayr up until then he d been playing regularly and team was goin well...

There were a couple of boys at the end of the bar, close to the doors who, every time I looked round were necking shots. Bet they didn't see much of the game, probably for the best!

Said guys at the end of the bar were still standing at closing time last night, just! :lol:

Season 1973-74, Airdrie 8 Brechin 0, just about falls within that period, remember being at that game, Sandy Clarke took the pure piss out of the Brechin defence

At that time , I was just going to home games with my dad.......couldn't afford and wasn't allowed to travel to away games.

Sandy Clark ? Was it not the early eighties he played ?

Ach that's nothing, there is a picture on somebody's phone from the last time we were in the bowling club at Dumbarton. In the space of about half an hour, 6 lads managed to fill an entire table with their empty nip glasses and beer bottles . They had a wee thirst on that day !

Archived