Clueless Jim's Decent at Home FC v Stirling Albion

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where, specifically, is the quality in that team? The manager seemed to set the side up well, pressing the ball in packs and not giving us much time to pass the ball around. You just don't have any serious threats though, and it was entirely unsurprising to see Chris Smith chuck in the second goal.

Without a major improvement in your squad then changing the manager won't solve a lot.

On paper our side looks more than capable of survival in this division. If we were to play like we did at the end of last season then survival would be likely. But this season we seem keen to let other teams play instead of playing the quality football we were at the end of last season.

On paper our side looks more than capable of survival in this division. If we were to play like we did at the end of last season then survival would be likely. But this season we seem keen to let other teams play instead of playing the quality football we were at the end of last season.

Probably because you've stepped up a league. But who knows.

You scrabbled into a playoff, after a season that proved you were of a midtable standard in League Two. You hardly looked any better today, which given your squad hasn't been upgraded much seems unsurprising really.

I've certainly seen worse-organised sides after losing most weeks.

Indeed. They probably did quite well by their own standards today but were comfortably the worst opposition we've faced in the quarter. Given Airdrie's pick-up in results I'd expect Stirling to be relegated by 15 points, mostly through a lack of wins. While McDonald is there they won't get drubbed often, they could well do so under a less cautious replacement.

But yeah - if the manager gets sacked, Chris Smith will obviously become Beckenbauer overnight...

I have been thinking about this post for most of my car journey home. Today wasn't about who was bad and who played well.......as I said to the guy sitting next to me, today was about nobody being bad but nobody actually being particularly good. The problems (imho) have been mentioned time and time again by others in previous posts but it was so glaringly obvious again today. We could still been playing now and probably not have tested Derek Gaston, we had no energy or enthusiasm going forward until Cunningham and Gordon Smith came on, there is no pace on the attack, at times we were sloppy at the back.......and our ball retention was borderline Sunday League for large spells. The amount of 5 yard passes that didn't make there man or were played too far infront/behind or the amount of headers we gave possession away from when the player had more than enough time to bring the ball down was quite truly embarrassing.

We've got too many players that fall into the "honest hard workers" category but nobody to put the foot on the ball and make things happen, and when you consider the previous success that Doris, Coult & Weir have had at this level and throughout there careers, then we really should be asking more from them. Once again the 3 of them we trying but actually produced sod all. It's easy to sit and blame Greig & Marc, and as I have said before, I don't think they are the answer....but what can they do when their senior players aren't producing and various other players are arguing with each other on the pitch??

I'll be honest, I thought we may have turned a corner last week against The Pars but after today I'm worried. We offer NOTHING going forward and are very low in ideas and a lot of our play is very predictable.....and we're just not good enough at keeping them out at the other end and that spells disaster to me.

We are now bottom of the league with Stenny & Airdrie just above us, the next 2 games are 'must win' for us and that's only to have a fighting chance of staying up. If we lose them both then I hope change is made because this can't continue. You can take finishing bottom but not like this!!!!

Jake, son, your team is shite just accept it. It's painful watching your denial!

Chris Smith :lol:

Pretty dire game but f**k it, we won. Couple of nervous moments through our own errors but Stirling simply had no attacking threat whatsoever.

Surely Crawford was injured, as dropping him for either Hands or McCluskey is a scandalous decision if not.

Where did Stirling finish last season? A team in 4th place is mid table standard if you ask me, even if promoted or not.

We finished 3rd but some way off 2nd place Annan, who we beat in the playoffs by some distance.

However we don't look up to standard in this league and I cannot see who we are possibly going to finish above.

Archived