Clueless Jim's Decent at Home FC v Stirling Albion

Nothing less than three points is acceptable, preferably with a convincing performance and scoreline.

McManus to get booked and surely rule him out of the Ayr match for the following week though.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be a difficult game for the Albion on Saturday against the Morton. If our defence can keep it tight at the back and hopefully we can take our chances we might come away with a draw here.

Don't know what formation/ team that Greg McDonald will put out on Saturday put I suspect we will set up for a draw and if we can get a point then I will be quite happy with that, given our results over the last couple of weeks. Might even sneak a win here if were lucky. Fingers crossed :)

Absolutely farcical that domestic games are being played on the same day as internationals,

Anyway, I think it'll be a good game on Saturday. The way Jim Duffy will no doubt set Morton up to play will be similar to the way that Clyde lined up last season. If we apply ourselves like we did against Dunfermline and take our chances then we could walk away with something.

It's going to be a tough 90 minutes but I'm hopeful.

PS - Still can't believe Morton appointed Duffy as manager, feel for the Morton faithful.

We're actually not bad at all at home, compared to the way we play away it's like a different team.

With Crighton, Miller & Kilday injured it's got to be a back four of: O'Ware, Milojevic, Lambie & Russell, that doesn't fill me with much hope but it the best we have available at the moment.

Expecting 3 points but then again I said that against Stenny & Brechin and we've took a grand total of 0 from those 2 games.

Don't rate our chances. When we're successful at keeping it tight at the back, we've got no attacking threat because there's no one in the midfield capable of covering the ground to support the strikers. Conversely, when we're good going forward, there's not enough pace in the midfield to get back.

Hopefully Lee Hamilton is fit, as he's been generally excellent when I've seen him this season, plus with Wedderburn suspended we've got no obvious cover in the middle of the defence. Imagine Ross Forsyth will go in there, but he's been way below par so far.

Think we'll probably try to keep it tight, do a reasonable job but lose a couple of goals and be utterly incapable of providing a threat thereafter.

Last time I went to see Morton - Stirling, Jay Rodriquez was playing for the Albion :lol:

Also the last time I saw Stirling beat Morton Snodgrass scored for Stirling. Good times :)

Indicating of course our last effortless bitchslapping of you in the then First Division.

Rodriguez was absolutely useless that season; how he made a genuine top-level career out of a patent lack of ability is astonishing.

Rodriguez was absolutely useless that season; how he made a genuine top-level career out of a patent lack of ability is astonishing.

If you'd of said back then that he was going to cost someone £7m one day and go on to play for England I would of laughed in your face. But fair play to him, he's obviously taken his chance and learned from people around him and done what a lot of people in this country don't do and made a success of his career.

Don't rate our chances. When we're successful at keeping it tight at the back, we've got no attacking threat because there's no one in the midfield capable of covering the ground to support the strikers. Conversely, when we're good going forward, there's not enough pace in the midfield to get back.

Hopefully Lee Hamilton is fit, as he's been generally excellent when I've seen him this season, plus with Wedderburn suspended we've got no obvious cover in the middle of the defence. Imagine Ross Forsyth will go in there, but he's been way below par so far.

Think we'll probably try to keep it tight, do a reasonable job but lose a couple of goals and be utterly incapable of providing a threat thereafter.

LEL

Last time I went to see Morton - Stirling, Jay Rodriquez was playing for the Albion :lol:

Also the last time I saw Stirling beat Morton Snodgrass scored for Stirling. Good times :)

I wonder if the Snodgrass game was the last time I was at Forthbank, when he scored a belter of a free kick after coming off the bench.

Indicating of course our last effortless bitchslapping of you in the then First Division.

As he was only with us for less than three months, I'm not sure how often you managed to see him in order to form your opinion. At Stirling he was a raw 18 year old needing to be hardened up and playing in an unsuccessful side. Together with Alan Moore, his spell in Scotland's second tier must have succeeded.

I wonder if the Snodgrass game was the last time I was at Forthbank, when he scored a belter of a free kick after coming off the bench.

The days when we were both good sides, how I miss those days

Noticed last weekend that Stirling had changed their badge. Just being nosey but why? Must admit, I prefered the old one but just wondered why the change was needed.

It's only on the strips this season as a celebration of our 60th anniversary as a club - hence also the white top with the two red hoops.

As he was only with us for less than three months, I'm not sure how often you managed to see him in order to form your opinion. At Stirling he was a raw 18 year old needing to be hardened up and playing in an unsuccessful side. Together with Alan Moore, his spell in Scotland's second tier must have succeeded.

Rodriguez did OK. Showed a lot of technical ability but struggled with some wee injuries and got bullied a fair bit by defenders. He's done all right for himself since, though!

Archived