QOS v Falkirk

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had more chances than I thought. Baird should still have done better with his free header at the back post but he was then really unlucky with one that MacDonald saved and was a lot closer with the looping header second half than it looked at the time. Dowie also had a header cleared off the line second half.

I think I was a bit harsh on Reilly too. I dont think he actually could have done much more with the shot that MacDonald squirmed round the post for the corner that led to the first goal.

We had more chances than I thought. Baird should still have done better with his free header at the back post but he was then really unlucky with one that MacDonald saved and was a lot closer with the looping header second half than it looked at the time. Dowie also had a header cleared off the line second half.

I think I was a bit harsh on Reilly too. I dont think he actually could have done much more with the shot that MacDonald squirmed round the post for the corner that led to the first goal.

Yeah, I don't remember that header cleared off the line second half either! It really could have been a lot more in the second period when you look back.

Baird offside when he gets the ball in the lead up to the second goal?

The defender nearest penalty spot looks like he is playing Baird on.

Yes, I think you are right when I look at it again. It's marginal though. It's one of those where because he's actually moving away from goal he looks nothing like it when the ball gets there and nobody even thought about it. A couple of defenders do appeal though.

I think it's pretty clear that Baird is offside but the unnatural appearance of the surface makes it look like he's on.

The 2nd goal was the one that finished us. I reckon that if it had been disallowed we would most probably have gone on to win as we're clearly superior in every way!

Don't know why you replaced a perfectly good pitch with THAT though as it's nowhere near as good as the last one.

Why did you incidentally?

Strange seeing a game against Falkirk being so one sided in terms of chances created. Last season, every game was nervy as hell with not too many chances. Peter 'I've taken Dundee Utd as far as I could' Houston has taken that team back so far.

That pass from Baird for the second...

5uy.gif

Don't know why you replaced a perfectly good pitch with THAT though as it's nowhere near as good as the last one.

Why did you incidentally?

You've answered your own question...

I think it's pretty clear that Baird is offside but the unnatural appearance of the surface makes it look like he's on.

Since we've had it re-layed we haven't had a single goal disallowed due to the offside rule. Pure coincidence, some say...

You would think a feature like that would cost a pretty penny. Apparently not.

Archived