Parking at the hydro

Last time I was ssec I parked at kelvinhaugh road outside stereo (think its 78 now) and walked about ten minutes down road over bridge over main road. Will never park at venue again took well over an hour to get out

Last time I was ssec I parked at kelvinhaugh road outside stereo (think its 78 now) and walked about ten minutes down road over bridge over main road. Will never park at venue again took well over an hour to get out

We've been twice and both times parked in the Hydro car park. The first time was sheer luck that we got there early and got parked on the ground floor right by the exit. Second time, we deliberately went early, parked up and went for something to eat. We got out the car park quickly enough but the traffic around the Hydro was pretty bad.

Parked at the Science Centre last night after being told the multi story at the venue was murder but there were massive queues at the ticket machines and the one barrier to get out.

There's no option to pre pay at the Science centre either which is a PITA.

I normally park at Springfield Quay when I take the car to work but half of the carpark is closed for works and they are opening it later and later now to stop commuters using it.

Parked at the Science Centre last night after being told the multi story at the venue was murder but there were massive queues at the ticket machines and the one barrier to get out.

There's no option to pre pay at the Science centre either which is a PITA.

I normally park at Springfield Quay when I take the car to work but half of the carpark is closed for works and they are opening it later and later now to stop commuters using it.

There is a machine inside the science centre that not many use as don't think they know it's there

There is a machine inside the science centre that not many use as don't think they know it's there

Cheers. We queued at the one inside the entrance to the IMAX which I assume is the one you are referring to.

• 2 years later...

I used to work in the Skypark and didn't fancy parking in the cheese grater - not only cos I'm a skinflint but the traffic can be quite busy. I used to park just south of the Squinty Bridge in Kinning Park... there are a few wee estates .. some says "residents only" but you can get away with it once ... but a bit further south you can fill yer boots. You'll be looking at a 10 minute walk and you'll avoid all the traffic. 

Archived