Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

I was in school with a boy called Harley Davidson.

I used to work with his older sister, i refused to believe that was his real name as i thought she was talking the piss.

My current annoyance is people who give their kids last names as first names. I know someone who called their kid Thompson Jones.

I used to work with his older sister, i refused to believe that was his real name as i thought she was talking the piss.

My current annoyance is people who give their kids last names as first names. I know someone who called their kid Thompson Jones.

A good few years ago now (15ish) my mate called his kid McKenzie. I suppose he was a trail blazer but I felt sorry for the wee soul.

I don't really see the problem with surnames as Christian names, this lad will be called Tommy by his mates.

What about Kevin?

Or Keven?

I mind there was a singer called Tevin Campbell - fucking Tevin - yet another thing that must have been done purely to piss me off! :angry:

I mind dealing with a customer called Jesus Ponce - I think he was South American or something, but still - Jesus Ponce! :lol:

Apparently, there's some Scottish chick going round named Versace McClatchy! :lol:

Couldn't forget this one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6640137.stm

A Celtic fan has paid tribute to her favourite team's greatest triumph by naming her baby Emily Lisbon Lyons.

Sharlene Lyons, 21, picked the name to mark the 40th anniversary of the Celtic Lisbon Lions team lifting the European Cup in the Portuguese capital. The single mum, from Greenock, admitted many people thought she was joking when she told them her daughter's name. But she said little Emily Lisbon would be able to choose whether to use her full name when she was older...

I know a Douglas Douglas. Seriously.

at my school there was a robbie robertson.

im in an unfortunate position where my surname can be a first name and i constantly get emails referring to me by my surname, its even worse when they are replying to me and ignore the signature line on the bottom line.

at my school there was a robbie robertson.

im in an unfortunate position where my surname can be a first name and i constantly get emails referring to me by my surname, its even worse when they are replying to me and ignore the signature line on the bottom line.

In my experience people don't read the signature on e-mails, they go by your e-mail address, e.g. signed Tommy Hunter, e-mail address Hunter.Thomas@yahoo.co.uk, and they e-mail back "Dear Hunter".

I made a similar point on another thread a few months ago but some people up here love to take a male name and simply alter it to sound more feminine. Such is the lack of imagination in the islands.

I've genuinely seen the names Jimima, Donalda, Kenina, and Murdina in use.

In my experience people don't read the signature on e-mails, they go by your e-mail address, e.g. signed Tommy Hunter, e-mail address Hunter.Thomas@yahoo.co.uk, and they e-mail back "Dear Hunter".

thats exactly what they do, any pleas for urgent completion get ignored for this reason.