Hibernian vs Dumbarton

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ref and the linesman had a great view so I'll go with that.

I'm still not sure. If the ref/lino are going to give it then they have to be 100% sure. I've watched 5 times and then in slow motion and I've still no idea, at the time I was sure it wasn't over.

My gut feeling at the time was that the ball was over the line. However, the ref's assistant was in the optimum position and perhaps it's the old story that for the whole circumference of the ball to be fully over the line, it actually has to look that little bit further than one would instinctively think (especially if you are not directly in line with the goal line)?

With the number of crosses Hibs managed to put in, I was quite glad they didn't have someone of the quality of an Alan Gordon or Jim O'Rourke playing for them anymore!

Noticed from those that malonga seems to come deep quite a lot, and for a club who seem to put lots of crosses in it seems a massive waste?when he did get in the box he won a penalty. Judging by the crowds reaction and my gut I'd say it was in.

Judging by the crowds reaction and my gut I'd say it was in.

I agree. Those who are actually trying to see if the ball was over the line, and thus a goal, are wasting their time. Hibs fans shouted quite loudly and some guy in Arbroath felt it in his belly = goal.

Noticed from those that malonga seems to come deep quite a lot, and for a club who seem to put lots of crosses in it seems a massive waste?when he did get in the box he won a penalty. Judging by the crowds reaction and my gut I'd say it was in.

You sure it wasn't just indigestion?

Archived