West Region Scores

.Stuart.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously assault on cumbernauld keeper ? the player up for the corner barged into him , contact was made but never what that keeper made of it , was laughable . Cumbernauld in general made a meal of a good few challenges and the officials fell for it.

The referee yelllow carded the cumbernauld player because he never saw it , he saw our player push the nauld player so he knew what he was giving for that, Nauld player was a red card all day long , horrible late challenge that finnegan was lucky to get up from.

Seriously assault on cumbernauld keeper ? the player up for the corner barged into him , contact was made but never what that keeper made of it , was laughable .

It was as clear an elbow into the ribs after the ball had gone as you'll ever see, oddly the keeper seemed to claim it was his leg that was hurt.

post-10864-0-28644400-1412445104_thumb.j

post-10864-0-32497800-1412445139_thumb.j

post-10864-0-82470500-1412445149_thumb.j

Great win for Meadow today. Against a tough team in Beith who had their chances in 2nd half especially but could not find the target. Best chance was when ref got tripped they hit a shot that deflected and totally wrong footed our keeper but just went wide.

A great finish by Marc Twaddle to win and Mark Staunton was first class all game.

Still in shock over the Wishy result today. 1-0 and 2-1 up but failed to hang on to a lead for over 5 minutes and the defending was dreadfull. A silly own goal and free headers from corners had the boys 3-2 down at half time. The 2nd half they fell apart when Kennedy got sent off. 7-2 was not a fair reflection of the 2 games in my opinion.

Enjoyed the hospitality at Sauchie and the set up is smashing. All the best for the season. Perhaps one day we will have a similar set up.

Still in shock over the Wishy result today. 1-0 and 2-1 up but failed to hang on to a lead for over 5 minutes and the defending was dreadfull. A silly own goal and free headers from corners had the boys 3-2 down at half time. The 2nd half they fell apart when Kennedy got sent off. 7-2 was not a fair reflection of the 2 games in my opinion.

Enjoyed the hospitality at Sauchie and the set up is smashing. All the best for the season. Perhaps one day we will have a similar set up.

I thought that they had already started to 'fall apart' before Kennedy's dismissal,wl,though that certainly didn't help a team already struggling to compete.Poor all round display today,and I'd be surprised if there was a Wishy player who was happy with his performance.

As you say,great hospitality and set up at Sauchie,and I wish them well in the next round.

Glad you enjoyed your day apart from the result. Once our 4th goal went in it was game over but you've a good team & your guys never gave up. I'll be looking out for your fixtures in future &:hopefully you'll get a few coupons up for me:-) All the best for the rest of the season.

Great win for Meadow today. Against a tough team in Beith who had their chances in 2nd half especially but could not find the target. Best chance was when ref got tripped they hit a shot that deflected and totally wrong footed our keeper but just went wide.

A great finish by Marc Twaddle to win and Mark Staunton was first class all game.

Was a tough game today mate, a bit scrappy but we just never looked like scoring for me.

Its strange how certain players look more physical / bigger /stronger athletes in certain strips.

Mark Staunton with the beith strip on years ago looked like a wee guy In front of football goals, today with a meadow strip he looked like a huge athlete defending minuscule ice hockey goals.

All the best and already looking forward to the return game. :)

Archived