Hearts cut Rangers allocation

Well done to Hearts for doing this though, they'll sell out easy. Anyone know what the minimum away allocation can be? I'd be giving Rangers whatever that is.

Rule I27 requires the home clubs to make "provision for the admission of a reasonable number of visiting supporters as agreed with the visiting club" and in the event of their being unable to agree the SPFL Board will determine the figure.

Rule I28 requires that "a section of the ground must be reserved for supporters of the visiting club"

That's all it says. What constitutes "reasonable" is not defined but it appears the away club at least has the opportunity of asking the SPFL Board to over-rule it. Whether that would succeed or not is a whole different question.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rule I27 requires the home clubs to make "provision for the admission of a reasonable number of visiting supporters as agreed with the visiting club" and in the event of their being unable to agree the SPFL Board will determine the figure.

Rule I28 requires that "a section of the ground must be reserved for supporters of the visiting club"

That's all it says. What constitutes "reasonable" is not defined but it appears the away club at least has the opportunity of asking the SPFL Board to over-rule it. Whether that would succeed or not is a whole different question.

I can see it being unreasonable if there were a lot of empty seats left and the away team wanted more. Think Hibs or Hearts at Ibrox.

Not unreasonable how low if the home team could sell the lot. Think Hearts at home to Rangers.

I can see it being unreasonable if there were a lot of empty seats left and the away team wanted more. Think Hibs or Hearts at Ibrox.

Not unreasonable how low if the home team could sell the lot. Think Hearts at home to Rangers.

There is clearly a principle (quite rightly) to allow a reasonable amount of away fans to watch a game regardless of how many tickets the home club could sell. I think the SPFL Board would look at percentages of the stadium combined with how easily it could be segregated. However, if Rangers are refusing to let Hearts have more than 900 at Ibrox then they'd have a hard case arguing for more than that at Tynecastle. It will get interesting if the clubs don't agree a compromise.

There is clearly a principle (quite rightly) to allow a reasonable amount of away fans to watch a game regardless of how many tickets the home club could sell. I think the SPFL Board would look at percentages of the stadium combined with how easily it could be segregated. However, if Rangers are refusing to let Hearts have more than 900 at Ibrox then they'd have a hard case arguing for more than that at Tynecastle. It will get interesting if the clubs don't agree a compromise.

They cut our allocation in Burley's season, it didn't last long then I doubt it will last long this time either.

Aye but , aye but .... 'Rangers' keep the rest of Scottish Football in business (whilst going tits-up themselves of course :P )

Did they not boycott the last game it looked like they'd get humped in ? All these years of bleating about being such a great away support and as soon as they face an away day like the rest of us have always fucking faced and suddenly they can't be bothered ... bunch of c'nts !!

Isn't the reason allocations are so low at Ibrox these days because its too much to police?

Don't need police for Rangers away days as Saturday at Livi demonstrated.

Police Scotland should talk to Police Scotland and agree a common approach.

Isn't the reason allocations are so low at Ibrox these days because its too much to police?

Don't need police for Rangers away days as Saturday at Livi demonstrated.

Police Scotland should talk to Police Scotland and agree a common approach.

The allocations at Ibrox are the same as always.

They cut our allocation in Burley's season, it didn't last long then I doubt it will last long this time either.

I agree. We will take your money as and when we require it.

Bar Celtic, since away fans were moved to the corner it's always been circa 1000-1100 max, why?

No idea, but if they did then clearly policing isn't the issue.

Hearts did get 1,700. There were then issues with the Rangers fans in the tier above and henceforth everybody appears to be down to just under 900, though it will be interesting for the return Hearts visit to see if they'll really turn down so many potential sales or find a way around it. To be fair, Hearts apart, 900 is probably enough for everyone else anyway just about.

Hearts did get 1,700. There were then issues with the Rangers fans in the tier above and henceforth everybody appears to be down to just under 900, though it will be interesting for the return Hearts visit to see if they'll really turn down so many potential sales or find a way around it. To be fair, Hearts apart, 900 is probably enough for everyone else anyway just about.

Ah fair enough I was abroad for that game, I thought that it was around the thousand mark in the past due to the sort of issues you mentioned.

It wouldn't surprise me if they found a way round it.

Ah fair enough I was abroad for that game, I thought that it was around the thousand mark in the past due to the sort of issues you mentioned.

It wouldn't surprise me if they found a way round it.

Hearts were given the same allocation as some European clubs have had in the past which included part of the Broomloan Road stand. There was a bit of bother with objects getting thrown from both sections and since that game the police have decided away allocations are limited to 1,000. Since the Dumbarton game the extra allocation Hearts were given is now used as a 'buffer zone' between the rival supports and so far has cut back on any trouble in that area

900 probably is fair. Hibs could shift a few more if they were doing well but we won't nit-pick. I think Hearts could shift way more than 1700. Especially with the amount of empty seats. Hibs looked pretty full in their wee bit. I know people that didn't go because they said they couldn't get tickets. I take that with a pinch of salt. I haven't seen any evidence that Hibs sold out their allocation.

1700 is about 3% of ibrox. I don't think Rangers should get more than the equivalent percentage in edinburgh. 600 at Tynecastle. About the same would be reasonable at Easter Road but there's no reason for a restriction at ER. Hibs won't sell out so its sensible to give them that entire stand.

Archived