Peterhead (land o'fish) v Ayr (land o'burns)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zero centre halves is a problem - Kegs has been a disaster when he's played there this season!

I think when he has started in there he has been fine the problem has been when he has been moved in there

Not meaning to sound even the slightest bit arrogant but having not really followed the backstory regarding Nicky Riley, can anyone explain why Peterhead was a more attractive option to him rather than Ayr?

Similar travel distances but we also have plenty of people making the journey up so maybe logistics did come into it. Otherwise the same as everyone else up here - money.

Not meaning to sound even the slightest bit arrogant but having not really followed the backstory regarding Nicky Riley, can anyone explain why Peterhead was a more attractive option to him rather than Ayr?

We signed Slane, so I don't really think he was needed to be fair. Slane, Forrest, McGill, Donald and JP can all play on the wings. Christ, it was only a year or 2 ago we had only 1 winger :lol:

Similar travel distances but we also have plenty of people making the journey up so maybe logistics did come into it. Otherwise the same as everyone else up here - money.

Also worked with McInally at Celtic so maybe that had something to do with it.

Well we were utterly dreadful today. Should have scored with 2 free headers from corners with which we hit either post but otherwise we created absolutely nothing. Shambles at the back, non-existent in midfield and AWOL up front.

Forrest looked like he was still injured from the way he was holding his arm, Beattie looked well off the pace and Gilmour continues to be a complete waste of a jersey as far as I can see.

At times today we played as well as we have done in this years league, played it much more on the deck & cut through the Ayr defence numerous times without putting the ball in the net. As mentioned Ayr had a couple free headers in the 1st half that hit posts but apart from that did not bother us really, even then we should have been ahead by half-time. Got our goals eventually but should really have scored a good few more. Circumstances meant we had a number of players on the field today that have had very little game time but you would not really have noticed it. Nicky Riley showed some good ability & since he has apparently not played since July looks as if he could be a good addition. Although sad to see him go it was a good way to see Graeme Sharp off to his new career in Greece it will not be easy to another quality attacking right back.

doulikefish, on 05 Oct 2014 - 16:42, said:

Terrible,Can we keep him? :)

If you like! Very sad to see him go, but he can't be relied on with his injury problems unfortunately. He's been told he's free to go, so if you dish out McAllister style wages then I can't see him refusing.

Beattie was blowing out his arse, he even told us as one of the first half corners that he was taking a do in. Wonder if he's got a fitness/injury problem at the moment.

I don't think Peterhead were even playing at their best yesterday, if they were better at converting it could have been an embarassing score line. First half they shaded us, second they were out of sight. Our defence was completely static but it probably couldn't be any more makeshift than it already is.

We are crying out for another centre half, I think Roberts knows this, there is just no one willing to sign or up to scratch out there obviously.

Beattie was blowing out his arse, he even told us as one of the first half corners that he was taking a do in. Wonder if he's got a fitness/injury problem at the moment.

I don't think Peterhead were even playing at their best yesterday, if they were better at converting it could have been an embarassing score line. First half they shaded us, second they were out of sight. Our defence was completely static but it probably couldn't be any more makeshift than it already is.

We are crying out for another centre half, I think Roberts knows this, there is just no one willing to sign or up to scratch out there obviously.

Think it's the latter regarding centre half. You look through squads in leagues above and there's really no experienced centre halves available. With 5 loans available in season and only one is allowed to be over 21, I can imagine it's tough to source an experienced player for a specific position.

Archived