Cowden v Rangers

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bottom line for Cowden is that we will probably have to play in midweek, and therefore lose out on entrance money plus valuable hospitality and catering revenues. We can pretty well guarantee that any final decision will favour Rangers. :thumbsdown

I share the sense of bemusement expressed by other posters over the supposed justification for the postponement of this fixture. Luckily The Rangers have already ran out of any sense of credibility long ago so they won't give a monkeys what anyone thinks of them ( No one likes them and nobody cares ).

In a strange way I actually feel this will help us in a footballing sense. Freezing cold winters night at Central with the Rangers fans behind the stock car fencing to keep us all safe.would love to see this one blow up in Fat Sally's face.

I genuinely can't imagine how much rage there'll be inside one stadium, with the two angriest set of fans coming together inside one ramshackle little ground.

Thank f**k these two sets of fans are so fond of each other or things could get really ugly.

I genuinely can't imagine how much rage there'll be inside one stadium, with the two angriest set of fans coming together inside one ramshackle little ground.

Thank f**k these two sets of fans are so fond of each other or things could get really ugly.[/qu

Of course you are correct.

Its a no lose game for us cowden fans playing against our 'big' team.

What will happen first? Our re-arranged home game versus the Sevco? Or, them going bust?

Hopefully the latter and we won't have to play them.

We will end up playing them twice in a week in December.

I didn't think Sevco were capable of getting even more embarrassing, but Fat Sally delivers yet again.

I hope the club will be asking some questions about this. The tail is wagging the dog yet again.

However, it's Cowden and both sets of supporters that will suffer because of this. A midweek game in December or next Saturday? Know what I'd prefer.

We would have more first team regulars missing if this game had been going ahead as planned so hopefully this will backfire on McCoist (if he is still there)

What questions can we ask? Rangers have applies the rules (which are probably fair) it's hust unfortunate the way it's all worked out. No one is in the wrong, strictly speaking, it's just embarrassing for Rangers.

Don't agree.

Rangers are entirely in the wrong.

They're very happy to inconvenience fans of both clubs and cost Cowdenbeath money on a premise that was spurious, even before Mohsni's suspension.

The rules are what they are, but that doesn't mean Rangers have behaved acceptably.

200 yards away, across a road, behind a fence. You'll be lucky if he realises you're there

I see what you tried to do there. Made a c**t of it though. Why don't you throw in a crowd-w**k as well to give us the full Falkirk experience.

I see what you tried to do there. Made a c**t of it though. Why don't you throw in a crowd-w**k as well to give us the full Falkirk experience.

Oh I'm sure there will be a lot of fans there to see their big team ;)

Oh I'm sure there will be a lot of fans there to see their big team ;)

You should be more concerned with your oen teams plight, struggling away with the part timers to avoid relegation, than with scotlands biggest overachievers.

It is covered by a rule: a club can apply for a postponement (the granting or otherwise being at the SPFL Board's discretion) if 3 of the players "who would otherwise have participated" are "unavailable through international selection".

Postponement and International Selection

G7 A Club shall be entitled to apply to the Board for the postponement of any Official Match where three or more of its Players who would otherwise have participated in such match are unavailable through international selection and, following receipt of such an application, the Board may postpone and rearrange the relevant Official Match in accordance with Rule G3.

Today's papers say Cowdenbeath applied to have the match reinstated... as Rangers have no such players, except Dene Shiels on a standby list... but the SPFL have said the postponement will stand.

Archived